New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Another New Guy

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 10:47 PM
Beginning Member
rhino2104 is on a distinguished road
Default Another New Guy

Another new guy here. My name is Dustin but I don't have a Blazer as of yet. My life is getting ready to make a drastic change so I'm getting ready to get rid of my current daily driver (a 2wd 2010 Silverado LT Z71) so I can get rid of my payments and make my life a little easier. I'm hoping to pick up a Blazer or Jimmy. Don't know if I want a 2wd or a 4wd yet though. It's just going to depend on what I can find. I do know that I prefer two doors instead of four though. We shall just see though. As I said before this will be my DD as I already have a very fun little toy; a 1999 turbo'd v6 Camaro that runs comfortable 11's in the 1/4 mile

Needless to say if anyone has any information or suggestions I'm more than open to them.

Old 08-17-2012, 12:11 AM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Drastic change means a bun in the oven? Don't get a 2dr in that case!
Search around but keep in mind tha all the horror stories are because it's a blazer forum = all the chit get's washed out here.
Good vehicles, strong for a IFS off road, mileage isn't great (16 - 19MPG).
Comfortable, parts are plenty.
MIne was stock at one time, as many on here.
Get something later than a mid year 2002 so you don't have an EGR. Other than that they're pretty much all the same.
4x4 is something I'd always want being in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. Either for the nasty *** winter weather or just enjoying being able to go there, get out of there or help someone out.
GL & Welcome!

Old 08-17-2012, 02:33 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Welcome from Utah.

Old 08-17-2012, 07:53 AM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by Rottidog
Drastic change means a bun in the oven? Don't get a 2dr in that case!
Search around but keep in mind tha all the horror stories are because it's a blazer forum = all the chit get's washed out here.
Good vehicles, strong for a IFS off road, mileage isn't great (16 - 19MPG).
Comfortable, parts are plenty.
MIne was stock at one time, as many on here.
Get something later than a mid year 2002 so you don't have an EGR. Other than that they're pretty much all the same.
4x4 is something I'd always want being in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. Either for the nasty *** winter weather or just enjoying being able to go there, get out of there or help someone out.
GL & Welcome!
While my family situation is the change in my life it isn't getting bigger; more like getting smaller. A divorce is on the horizon and we don't have any kids.
I do know that horror stories tend to show up on these boards. Things break and people show up to try to find fixes. I'm on another car board for v6 f-bodies so I've seen my fair share of horror stories over there despite them being great cars.
I'm not THAT worried about mileage. My Silverado doesn't get great mileage to begin with. I'm more worried with getting rid of my payments and being cheap and easy to fix when it breaks.
I'd love to get into a 4wd but, like I said, I'm just going to have to see what I can get my hands on for the right price. If I go 4x4 then I know what I want to do with it. If I go 2wd I know what I want to do with it as well. Since I'm going to be living in Ft. Worth, TX the bad weather isn't that big of a thing for me.
So you say something later than a mid 2002 for no EGR (which I know can be a PITA). One of the ones that I'm currently looking at is a 2003 2dr. This will be one without the EGR correct? Or do I have to go the other way.
Thanks for all the information.

Old 08-17-2012, 12:12 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Sorry about the divorce thing, but like you said at least there aren't any kids involved.
You're right about the 2003, it'll be EGR-less.

Old 08-17-2012, 02:33 PM
05BlackJimmy is on a distinguished road

Welcome from newfoundland

Old 08-17-2012, 10:04 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by Rottidog
Sorry about the divorce thing, but like you said at least there aren't any kids involved.
You're right about the 2003, it'll be EGR-less.
Meh. It was a learning experience to say the least. I was young(er) and jumped into it before I really knew her much. Not a mistake but I learned a very valuable lesson from it.

I'm hoping to snag one of two 2003 2wd 5-speed Blazers I found. Thanks for the warm welcome from everyone.

Old 08-17-2012, 10:07 PM
Steve-o will become famous soon enough

welcome from NC

Old 08-18-2012, 06:33 AM
gojorg has a spectacular aura aboutgojorg has a spectacular aura about

Welcome from New Jersey

Old 08-20-2012, 11:27 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Welcome from VA!!

Quick Reply: Another New Guy