New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Back in an old school Chevy & loving it.

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 11:06 PM
Beginning Member
Striker911 is on a distinguished road
Default Back in an old school Chevy & loving it.

I have had my 88 K5 Silverado for a little over a month now. Its in decent shape. Has a lot of maintenance issues that can be expected. I am adding a couple pictures. Paid $2500 for it. Seemed to run good but has a miss on the right side of the motor. I have yet to look into it but I hope its something easy. Looks to have a new motor in it and I hope its not a head gasket or burnt valve. I would like to wait till I upgrade the heads to deal with that sort of stuff.

A little about me. I work on mostly everything with the help from my old man, forums, books, and youtube. This is the third Blazer forum I have tried out. I hope this one is a fit. One wanted to charge money to join, and the other was just too dead. I have been a chevy man my entire life and know the third gen Camaro like the back of my hand, and have owned 4 of them.

Back in 2004 I was in the market to buy my 4th Camaro and ended up with a 86 5.0 Mustang. I wanted the Camaro but it sold 3 hours before I could get off work, and bring the money. No love lost though cause I adore my Mustang. I still have it and its always a project. I beat the crud out it lol. Its now due for its 3rd motor very soon.

Back to the Blazer. I wanted a 4x4 and was leaning towards a Jeep Cherokee but could not find any good ones around here in my price range. Basically I wanted a 4x4 toy that could haul at least 5 people cause I am married with 2 children. This seems like a good fit.

I would like to add that out of all the cars I ever had I never really touched the motors unless something was broken so besides the Mustang I dont know a butt load about them as far as hipo parts and such. I do need to get this one running good asap, and plan to do the basic bolt on work like heads and a cam to name a couple. It has dual exhaust with flows already but thats all as far as bolt on parts go. Not a bad start I guess.

Last edited by TripleBlackBlazer; 05-04-2012 at 06:48 AM. Reason: Fixed images
Old 05-03-2012, 11:30 PM
gojorg has a spectacular aura aboutgojorg has a spectacular aura about

Welcome from New Jersey

Old 05-03-2012, 11:51 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Welcome from NY Nice K5

Old 05-04-2012, 03:38 PM
Starting Member
1998blazerLS is on a distinguished road

welcome from New Orleans

Old 05-04-2012, 04:23 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

Welcome from michigan...looks like a good ride

Old 05-04-2012, 07:22 PM
Blazers.B.Kewl is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome from Mass! That thing is in amazing shape for $2500. You got a really good deal there

Old 05-05-2012, 03:32 PM
Beginning Member

Thanks everyone. Here pretty soon I am taking it to my friends that has a lift so I can go over it to see what all needs attention. I think its imp to fix things before they break and am very picky. If something is not correct it drives me nuts. I fixed the loose steering column and ran a new oil pressure gauge. That's it so far. When I get my list made I will make another thread.

Old 05-05-2012, 03:55 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

youll find out these trucks are insanely easy to work on, sadly one of the harder things to do is probably that loose steering column, so if you fixed that everything else is a breeze.

Old 05-05-2012, 03:57 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Welcome from Utah.

Old 05-28-2012, 07:45 PM
Beginning Member

Here is the video I said I would post up ages ago. Just been busy. The only thing I have done to it so far was get the slop out of the steering column. Just needed to rent a puller to depress the spring and get the ring out. 3 bolts where just dead weight and the 4th was loose. So it had a load of play. Just glad I got to fix that for free. Here is the link for the column fix that I found on YT.
93 Chevy 4x4 Steering Column Tilt Repair - YouTube

My Truck.
The New K5 Blazer. - YouTube

Quick Reply: Back in an old school Chevy & loving it.