New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Chic w/Blazer Trying to Learn

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2012, 09:47 PM
DeeMarie83 is on a distinguished road
Default Chic w/Blazer Trying to Learn

Hello All,
Im the owner of a 2001 Chevrolet Blazer 4wd Don't know a whole lot about truck but I'm slowly learning. Tonight had a scare and any input would be greatly appreciated. I just did the brake pads an rotors a few weeks ago, tonight went to stop an thought i hit black ice cause of sliding. that's when i noticed the god-awful grinding coming from front passenger wheel. I cant afford a body-shop prices so I'd prefer to just Do-It Myself. Any input from fellow Blazer owners on possible problem would be greatly appreciated

Old 11-17-2012, 10:09 PM
Diaita will become famous soon enoughDiaita will become famous soon enough

Welcome!!

Pull the wheel off and take a look. probably want to check all the brake parts since that was the last work done.

Old 11-17-2012, 11:55 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Welcome from New York and I agree, check your work and the parts you installed.

Old 11-19-2012, 08:38 AM
gojorg has a spectacular aura aboutgojorg has a spectacular aura about

Welcome from New Jersey

Old 11-19-2012, 09:35 AM
Beginning Member
a2dadamm is on a distinguished road

sure it was not just the ABS kicking in since you hit the black ice? That will make some weird noises and feelings on the pedal if your not used to it

Old 11-19-2012, 11:32 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Welcome from Utah.

Old 11-19-2012, 11:46 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Welcome from VA!!

Old 11-20-2012, 02:14 AM
dustinhxc is on a distinguished road

Welcome from MN! Could it be a wheel bearing or something ;o

Old 11-20-2012, 07:03 AM
DeeMarie83 is on a distinguished road

Chi MiGwetch (Native style Thank You) for all of your input. I got to the rear drivers tire 3 outta 4 naturally and discovered my backing plate is disintegrating if you even look at it wrong!! :-( theres a 6" X 2 1/3" hole in it. The pads & rotors I just recently put on were perfectly fine no grooves or scratches etc etc so I'm hoping & praying that thats what caused the god awful grinding. All others seem to be in pretty decent shape given I believe are the original parts. The only other owner was my sister she bought it off showroom floor few years back an I bought it off of her abt 2.5 yrs ago. She was always very good @ vehicle mat. Records ect. Next ? Is this a job that Can be done on own (please keep in mind im 5'8" & 98 lbs with non-existent muscle mass lol no doubt the neighbors got a kick out of me attacking the lugnuts on my wheels w/tire iron whilst swearing like my navy daddy or is it too much for 1 person to do alone?? I appreciate ALL feedback. This is my baby & lets face it I live in N. Michigan I bought the truck for the 4WD for winters lol Chi MiGwetch Again for your time

Originally Posted by dustinhxc
Welcome from MN! Could it be a wheel bearing or something ;o
Chi MiGwetch Dustin

Originally Posted by rexmburns
Welcome from VA!!
Chi MiGwetch Rex!!

Originally Posted by Diaita
Welcome!!

Pull the wheel off and take a look. probably want to check all the brake parts since that was the last work done.
Chi MiGwetch Diaita!

Old 11-20-2012, 09:47 AM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road
Default Welcome from Michigan

Check your brake pads and calipers.

Quick Reply: Chic w/Blazer Trying to Learn