New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Craig From Cincy

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 11:26 PM
Beginning Member
94_Jimmy is on a distinguished road
Default Craig From Cincy

Hey whats up yall. I am a certified Harley Davidson and BMW Mechanic. I have a total of 4 cars. I have a 1986 Jeep Cherokee Laredo, 1994 S-15 Jimmy, 2007 Chevy Cobalt, and a 2008 Ford Escape.

The Jimmy and Cherokee are my Projects. the Jeep currently has no interior at all or any exterior lights. It has the crappy 2.8 in it so I put that Off road machine on hold till I can afford to put a 327 or 350 in it. I recently started to work on the Jimmy. I received this Jimmy for free from a guy who thought a rod was thrown, come to find out it was just a worn out engine mount causing the fan to lean forward and tear into the radiator and shroud. Removed the shroud and it only tics now. Knowing that 4.3's tend to tic and this motor wasnt started for 3 years, I have done a engine flush, and am doing a oil change using Lucas oil stabilizer with the oil. I hope that will free up that stuck lifter. Im sure 3 year old oil not being circulated is pretty nasty and gummy.

I also plan to replace the rotors, calipers, brake lines, and front fenders, they are pretty rusted out. Other than those issues the rest is in mint for the year. Interior is very nice just needs a vaccum to it. So overall maybe I can have a really nice 4.3 with only 92000 miles on it running and looking good for around 500 dollars.