New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Day 1-Buy Blazer. Day 2-Discover Forum!

Old 10-13-2010, 11:46 PM
Blazerdazed is on a distinguished road
Default Day 1-Buy Blazer. Day 2-Discover Forum!

Hello--so glad I stumbled onto this site. My "other car" died...went shopping with a limited budget for a little economy sedan and walked out (on an impulse buy, no less--yes, I'm blond and female) with a 1997 Blazer. It was love at first sight and I couldn't walk away.

It was an "as-is" buy and once I got home...well...instead of buyer's remorse I kept looking out the window at it thinking "isn't she lovely!"...and thinking I better find out what I bought and how to feed it properly! I know it's "the big one". The car fax came back clean with only 2 prior owners. She seems fully loaded with some extra goodies like a towing package and some kind of pressure guage thingy I think is for extra compression for carrying heavy loads? Beyond that, I'm lost. So I will probably be reading a lot here rather than posting. I am running it down to a local mechanic I trust soon for a full check-up on it. The engine idles and runs completely smooth--no chugs, wheezes, or hesitation. Suspension is like riding on clouds. The interior is gorgeous--leather and carpets both practically pristine. Exterior has some scratches, but if I can match the paint, I can fix those easily.

So having been bitten by the Blazer bug, I couldn't find a lot of information out there on what I bought. Hopefully you wonderful enthusiasts will be able to point me in the right direction. And, yes, I read the bit on here already about "buy the manual"...and I will look for one this weekend.

I know the trim or anything, but here is what Car Fax tells me I bought, based on my VIN:
4 DR. WAGON/SPORT UTILITY
4.3L V6 FI OHV 12V
4 WHEEL DRIVE
and the sales person said it's in 2WD now and there's a button in there to put it in 4WD. I just have to find that button when I head out to my favorite camping spot!

I know, more or less, what all the above means...except the FI OHV. The fun will be discovering just what all that means in the Blazer world.

So thanks for being here!

Joyfully,
Blazerdazed (and loving it)

Old 10-14-2010, 12:11 AM
foxxie is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the forum from New Zealand.
Feeding Blazers are quite easy, they eat wallets, purse's even a small bank.LOL
Any pics of your new love?

Old 10-14-2010, 02:06 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

LOL Yea. Loves gas! Great buy we gotta see pics so go find your camera. We love Blazers down here in New Zealand, even with the steering wheel on the right (or wrong) side! LOL
Oh yea, welcome from the othe Kiwi member!

Old 10-14-2010, 05:27 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

Welcome to the site.

Old 10-14-2010, 07:19 AM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Welcome!

Old 10-14-2010, 08:53 AM
Blazerdazed is on a distinguished road

Thank you all for the warm welcome--especially the upside down ones! (Steering from the left seat up here, in Washington state, USA. I've seen a few more Northerners on here. We all these lovely mountains to explore.)

I did snap one pic with my mobile phone, when I first saw it. I think I have it loaded as my profile pic. I'll try to get it in here after work tonight.

Old 10-14-2010, 11:47 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the Forum.
Originally Posted by Blazerdazed
...I know, more or less, what all the above means...except the FI OHV.
Fuel Injected OverHead Valve

Old 10-14-2010, 02:46 PM
Beginning Member
BLOND1WD is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello and welcome BlazerDazed! I have a 97 Blazer that's my baby! Love it and even though it's a true P.I.A. sometimes, I can't bear to get rid of it! Hope you enjoy yours as much!

Old 10-14-2010, 07:30 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

Welcome from Metro Detroit. these trucks are great and you will never want to sell it.

Old 10-15-2010, 01:38 PM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

Seems to be a big inflow of fellow BlazerChicks joining up lately, the more the merrier.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Day 1-Buy Blazer. Day 2-Discover Forum!