New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

DREW DAWGG's 1996 LS Puddle Jumper

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 10:26 PM
Beginning Member
manekDC2_ is on a distinguished road
Arrow DREW DAWGG's 1996 LS Puddle Jumper

n00b edit***

Drew from PA - recently picked this up off a buddy for 500.00 and it looked like this

PA 2" body lift - 4 new Bilsteins all the way around - new Moog front endlinks - 4 new cragar soft 8's wrapped in Parnelli Jones Dirt Grip meats - 4 wheel alignment - new felpro metal intake manifold gaskets - dex cool flush replaced with good old green stuff - Amsoil ATF - Amsoil rear racing diff fluid - new transfer case seal - K&N OEM drop in Filter - LATER AND WE HAVE THIS....

More to come, I am absolutley addicted to this thing... i cant believe how cheap these are to work on compared to Honda's and the 4.3L is a monster... future mods include Custom 403 Stainless Vbanded 3" exhaust with Burns Stainless turndown mufflers hidden, new headers, E-fans, possible TSX project HID retro fit in headlights, some kind of bully bar with custom PIAA fogs... Weather Tech floor mats and cargo mat, roof basket with lights... too many fun ideas... Steering Stabilzer and Eaton locker maybe SAS i dunno... the way parts are for this thing... i am like a kid in a candy store.

BTW if you live in PA and have heard of Jeff Daniels - he gets parts for us dirt cheap and can wrench on Blazer's also for decent prices... he is legit never have seen a specality shop run as tight as his before... he does Jeeps all day, and will do anything you can thing of too the Blazer... full frame scrapes and undercoating - SAS - exhausts - anything...

Sorry for the sh!tty cellphone pictures..

Last edited by manekDC2_; 04-15-2010 at 10:59 PM.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:46 PM
jdespain is on a distinguished road

Nice ride!

Old 04-15-2010, 11:02 PM
Beginning Member

thanks! man i love this thing... i have been modding Honda's since i have owned cars... ive had 500whp DC2's DB2 gs'r beaters Accords... you name it... I love this thing its currently its my daily... i still own a Honda, but man this Chevy is a lot of FUN!!!

Old 04-15-2010, 11:15 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Looks real good,what size are the tires?

Old 04-15-2010, 11:33 PM
Beginning Member

15x8 cragar soft 8's i think with 4" backspacing... tires are 31x10.5 but they really measure out to 31.5" in overall diameter... more like a 32"

i was kinda of disappointed with them really being 31.5" instead of 31"s... most rated 31"s are not true 31" diameter.... i could have used the extra half inch

my fton bumper and fenders are cut heavily... and i rub on flex and full lock partially... not too bad...

i do not have a any tbars or shackles... thinking of doing what most are with the 2" shackles and new torsion bars keys and calling it a day... hopefully i still can keep a true alignment.

Old 04-15-2010, 11:37 PM
Beginning Member

im looking for the best way to get about 2-4" mor einches of lift without buying a superlift kit... I also was thinking about running some brand new ZR2 leaf springs... in the rear?? any other suggestions to stiffin the suspension up...

currently have 4 brand new Blistein HD shocks installed... looking into a steering staibilzer and doing new wheel bearings all around and all new Moog top of the line ball joints...

if anyone has any suggestions on some bad *** parts let me know.

Old 04-15-2010, 11:38 PM
Beginning Member

also looking to pick up doors off Mr. Sterner this weekend in Deleware to fit my haggared passenger side (hit and run) before i got it... and also a slew of other trim pieces.

Old 04-18-2010, 06:23 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Welcome to the forum from Canada!

Very nice tires you got on that ride.

Old 04-18-2010, 09:46 PM
TomSawyer is on a distinguished road

Welcome from Florida! Nice truck!

Old 04-19-2010, 07:55 AM
Beginning Member

any of you guys have any suggestions on how ot get about 2-3" more inches of lift without a suspension lift???

should i get new torsion bar keys, and shackles or new leaf springs??? dont want to throw my alignment all outta wack and crank the tbars...

Quick Reply: DREW DAWGG's 1996 LS Puddle Jumper