New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

DSM guy with a Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 08:55 AM
Darth Blazer is on a distinguished road
Default DSM guy with a Blazer

Hey guys, my name is Cj. I live in Marion NC, and my wife and I just picked up a black 94 S10 Blazer Tahoe edition, that I call Darth Blazer. Eventually I will plastidip the wheels and grill, along with anything shiny, haha. So far, I love it. Its got good height, and it goes through the woods pretty nicely, haha. The 4wd works very well, and the 4lo pulls like a beast. So I've got a few questions:

Are there any companies that make affordable brush guards?

Is there a front end conversion? If I google 94 Blazer the first picture has different headlights and grill than mine.

Are there any cheap BPUs?

Anything to watch out for, bugs etc.?

Is there a way to tighten up the steering? My steering wheel is pretty sloppy.

Thanks in advance for any help! Cj.

Old 11-06-2012, 07:50 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Welcome from VA!! A bit of searching on the forum and you will have all of the answers to your question!

Old 11-06-2012, 11:40 AM
gojorg has a spectacular aura aboutgojorg has a spectacular aura about

Welcome from New Jersey

Old 11-06-2012, 11:44 PM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the forum.

Old 11-07-2012, 02:59 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Welcome from Utah.

Old 11-07-2012, 01:35 PM
Vader is on a distinguished road

Welcome to blazer forum.

As for the steering, the steering box was found to be defective in several models, including the Suburban and S10's. Replacing the steering box with a remanufactured unit is really the only solution, however their is a worm gear on top of the box you can tighten which helps slightly. Doa search on here and you will find a few threads on the topic which will help. I have the same issue, and it sucks, buts it liveable.

Safari Light bars are the cheapest at under $200. Brush Gaurd typically run around $350-800. Check Ebay as their is a couple on their. If you just want to mount lights, go with the Safari Bar. If your getting a brush guard make sure it mounts to the frame, and not the skid plate location for added durability.

Old 11-08-2012, 05:38 PM
Darth Blazer is on a distinguished road

Thanks for all the welcomes guys! I've been searching and found some solutions. Today I worked on Darth Blazer a little. New idle air valve, idles perfect. New vent selector switch, still not 100% though. It only blows low and high, but thats better than just low like it was, haha. And changed a turn signal/parking light bulb, ahaha.

Originally Posted by Vader
Welcome to blazer forum.

As for the steering, the steering box was found to be defective in several models, including the Suburban and S10's. Replacing the steering box with a remanufactured unit is really the only solution, however their is a worm gear on top of the box you can tighten which helps slightly. Doa search on here and you will find a few threads on the topic which will help. I have the same issue, and it sucks, buts it liveable.

Safari Light bars are the cheapest at under $200. Brush Gaurd typically run around $350-800. Check Ebay as their is a couple on their. If you just want to mount lights, go with the Safari Bar. If your getting a brush guard make sure it mounts to the frame, and not the skid plate location for added durability.
Awesome brother, thank you for the help! I'll go check ebay, I appreciate it!