New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Finally joined the forums.

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 07:00 AM
Starting Member
firemansc32 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Finally joined the forums.

Hi my name us Adam and yep finally joined after finding this forum a few months ago. This forum has helped me a great deal. I have a 2000 2dr. 4x4 4.3L and i got with around 73000 miles on the clock. It was really a fluke that i found it. After wanting one since i could drive six years ago I found exactly what i had always wanted. Had it know for about a year and it has it quirks but that is what makes it mine. It came with a cheap grill gaurd and fog lights that aren't in the picture, which I have been wanting to replace. Any opinions on a brush gaurd and off-road driving lights would be great. The daytons are gone and replaced with goodyear wrangler silent armours which i would reconmend for anyone with 31x10.5 tires. It will be a work in prgress for some time. So upgrade suggestions are welcome.
[align=left] [/align]

[IMG]local://upfiles/9478/6C54E4C3C5DD4469B855BC6494C037A3.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-27-2008, 08:22 AM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation
Default RE: Finally joined the forums.

welcome to the forum bro. When the engine tech guys wake up and get on here, someone will be able to help you. Im the a/v guy.

Old 01-27-2008, 09:45 AM
blazin97 is on a distinguished road

welcome to the forum, nice looking 2dr

Old 01-27-2008, 11:24 AM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to ya! That color blue would be my second choice after black if I were to buy again. I haven't seen many blue ZR2's, clean looking truck! Did the Timberline's wear out or did you just not like them?

Old 01-27-2008, 01:35 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome!

Old 01-27-2008, 03:30 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the forum!

Old 01-27-2008, 05:20 PM
Starting Member

The timberlands vibrated noticably through the steering wheel at highway speed. The silent armours do to but not as noticably. They're great on the snow and wet roads. Haven't been stuck yet with them even when the 4x4 quit working.
[align=left] [/align]

Old 01-27-2008, 05:26 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the forum. Nice looking truck. As far as a good and still low cost brushguard, everyone here seems to like the Hunter Brushguard (I have been thinking about getting one for a while), you can find them on ebay and they go for usually around $210 with shipping and all. As far as lights, its a personal preference on how much you want to spend (PIAA's are good lights, Hella makes some good lights, and lots of people also go with the cheaper Blazer brand that can be found at walmart or autozone). Good luck and keep us posted on how things are going with the truck.

As far as the vibrations at highway speeds, it could be that the ball joints, idler/pitman arms, or shocks could use replacing.

Old 01-27-2008, 07:38 PM
BF Veteran
user 1016 has a spectacular aura aboutuser 1016 has a spectacular aura about

Welcome!!...I'm the Mud tech...ha ha ah aha ha!!!!

Old 01-27-2008, 09:36 PM
Starting Member

The vibration are noticable only if and when you think about it. Other wise no one seems to notice. My cell phone is more noticable vibrating through my heavy winter coat pocket and insulated carhart bibs. Thank for the advice though.
[align=left] [/align]

Quick Reply: Finally joined the forums.