New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

First time blazer owner, long time motor enthusiast.

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 03:48 PM
Willmsy is on a distinguished road
Default First time blazer owner, long time motor enthusiast.

Nice to finally sign up and be able to contribute to this site. I figure I can be a ton of help here as I am a red seal automotive mechanic and have been for about a year or so now, and am only 24. I have seen all kinds of cars and trucks and have built myself a good reputation in my town as the go to guy for alignments and mystery problems. I have worked on everything from a 700hp charger (which me and a coworker built the engine for), to Aston Martins, Ferraris, Porsches, BMW's, to a dodge shadow. I have seen alot and learnt even more. And yes I have have pictures of the Aston and other awesome machines in the shop I work at. Anyways, the reason I bought a blazer is my truck blew a starter and I needed transportation to work, and it was this winter and I figured I might as well buy a 4x4 if I am gonna get another vehicle, and a day later I bought a 1995 blazer LS. After driving it for a day I haven't even touched my truck. I love it and I can't wait to show you what I have already done to it. This will be my permanent winter truck now. And I couldn't be happier.

Old 03-07-2013, 05:14 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the Forum.

Old 03-08-2013, 10:27 PM
Starting Member
Neb15 is on a distinguished road

welcome. ill keep an eye out for a build thread from you!

edit: just noticed your from alberta too, blazers a good thing for our winters

Old 03-08-2013, 11:43 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

welcome from MN

Old 03-09-2013, 12:26 AM
Twip will become famous soon enough

welcome from so cal.

Old 03-09-2013, 09:26 PM
95BlazenLT is on a distinguished road

Welcome from Michigan...

Old 03-09-2013, 09:42 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

Welcome from Michigan!

Just a "heads up"... 95 was a "unique" year for the 4.3L and that's one of the reasons Oldsmobile did not produce the Bravada in 95. Two different computer control systems, (OBD 1 & OBD 1.5) & two totally different ignition systems. Diagnostics are very different, don't be surprised if your scan tool will not communicate with it.

Old 03-10-2013, 09:00 AM
Willmsy is on a distinguished road

Made sure I bought one with obdII. Not only can I scan it, I can control almost every output from the egr duty cycle to sweeping the gauges with my scan tool at work. Sure would like to take the heated seats out of a Bravada though...

Old 03-10-2013, 01:02 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

Does your engine look like this, with the PCM located on the passenger inner fender, (on top of the coolant reservoir)?

Last edited by Captain Hook; 03-11-2013 at 02:59 PM.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:58 PM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road

Welcome from michigan

Quick Reply: First time blazer owner, long time motor enthusiast.