New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Good ol' loyal dogs! Blazers!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 09:08 PM
mmatters88blazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Good ol' loyal dogs! Blazers!

Hey all! New here to the forum. I'll tell you a little about myself then why I joined the forum. You probably dont have too many girls on the forum, but I'm a 35 year old "tomboy" who isnt afraid to get her hands dirty and love hot rods and have a high respect for an older vehicle that lasts a very long time with very little trouble. Just like the best dog you've ever had, if you've been lucky enough to experience that, and can never replace it.

Anyone who has never experienced owning a Blazer can never truely understand why us fans love them so much and are willing to pay far much more than what "Kelly Blue Book" says it's worth! Have you checked it out?? It's a slap in the face! If I remember right, under $1,000 for an 88 MINT! Ya! That's a joke! It may not be a sexy eye catcher, but for anyone out there who truely knows these vehicles also knows what they are really worth.

Here's my story on why I joined the forum. I'm a bit of a material girl that likes to get noticed. Probably wont happen driving a Blazer but I also know more than that average person and also know that anything that they are driving, new or old, is a POS compared to what I have. So I just kinda look at them all and laugh. Let them drive their high dollar eye catchers! I know that I paid a low price for something far better than what they have,will last FAR much longer,AND its cheap to repair! HaHa!

I have this old, rotted out, 198,000 miles, 4.3 (you all know the 4.3!!), black w/grey interior, 89 Blazer. I've had my fair share of new, flashy, leased vehicles that I kept so clean you could eat off the tires. I loved them! But I also had this old Blazer that I just didnt have the heart to get rid of. I knew ol' Blaze would always be there for me when in need. So I decided to go on the net and look for a parts vehicle to fix him up. The cost to buy almost all new panels would be pretty high but was willing to do it if I had to. I came across this 88 on E-Bay. 2 tone, black w/gold on the bottom. MINT! 74,000 miles, one owner, kept in storage, only driven twice a year in the summer, never saw rain or snow! It's only a 2.8, but that can always be changed, if you know what I'm saying. This freaking thing looks like it came off the showroom floor! When would ANYONE find a 21 year old blazer that looked as good as this that was taken care of so well! I won it! Get this! $3950! I would almost pay new vehicle price for this blazer! Darn right I'm gonna drive 20 hours round trip to pick this sucker up!

So I intend to pamper it like it has been and make it last AT LEAST another 21 years! So that's my story. Thanks for reading it

Old 01-04-2009, 09:56 PM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Good ol' loyal dogs! Blazers!

Welcome from the land of the long white cloud.
Sounds like you've got a good deal & are gonna be busy for a while. Good luck with it! Enjoy!

Old 01-05-2009, 12:09 AM
cr8390 is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome to the Forum and gratz on the new blazer you gotta post some pices when you get a chance!

Old 01-05-2009, 07:56 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

Welcome to the forum!

Old 01-05-2009, 09:54 AM
Blazin NC is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome!

Old 01-06-2009, 03:31 PM
Byte Stryke is an unknown quantity at this point

pictures!

pictures!

pictures!

Ohh...
and welcome aboard!