New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Greetings from Alberta Canada

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2022, 04:04 AM
Beginning Member
Skunkedgorillaz is on a distinguished road
Default Greetings from Alberta Canada

Looking forward to thumbing through the forum and learning what I can from the community.

I'm a fresh Blazer owner. Coming from Being a Jeep Owner for the last 20 years. I've owned a few Jeeps... 1998 Jeep TJ, 2000 Grand Cherokee WJ, 1998 Cherokee xj, 2003 Liberty, 1998 ZJ.

Well after an interesting 2001 year to say the least I was down to my jeep, my 1st Jeep I've owned the 1998 Jeep TJ. Had owned this jeep for over 22 years. Lots of work went into her. And she was babied. Mid September 2022 I was in a Horrible Vehicle accident, where a driver turned in front of me on the highway. Needless to say the jeep was written off. Me I'm still recovering from the accident. Actually pretty rough shape still; but on the mend.

Anyhow I was in the matket to replace my 98 Jeep TJ. Being a Jeep Owner for the last 20 years I initially started looking at Jeeps to replace the old girl. The market for Jeeps here in Alberta is ridiculous. People asking a small fortune for a clapped out jeep. Was getting very frustrating.

Came across 2001 Blazer Zr2 for a really good deal with alot of work done to it. Being in faily rough shape still and have a long way to go recovery wise this rig peeked my interest. Will let me get back into running trails and give me a good base to poke around on and make my own while I'm recovering. I'm not in any shape to be doing massive modifications on a vehicle atm. So this Blazer fit the bill rather nicely.

Needless to say, I'm now a fresh Blazer owner. This is my 1st non jeep Vehicle in over 20 years. Going to take me some time to get use to; but so far I'm enjoying the wheel time behind this beast.

Super fun to drive and itching to head out on some local trail runs around Alberta when I'm feeling better and have tje Blazer equipped with some recovery gear.

Heres a little about the Blazer.....

2001 Blazer Zr2
-solid axle swapped Dana 44 & Ford 9" 4.88 gears with posi in the rear.
Has factory 5 speed & 4.3L with 208,000kms on the clock.
Custom NP241/231 Tcase .
James Duff Coil Lift
35" MTs,
Banana Armor Winch Bumper and Rock Sliders.
Front Leather Seat upgrade

Old 12-08-2022, 07:59 AM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

Welcome from lower Ontario!

Very nice ride you have, she looks like we was cared for! Crappy deal on the accident, glad it wasn't worst.

Old 12-09-2022, 09:36 AM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

Welcome from a fellow Albertan. I hope you enjoy your new-to-you Blazer. It looks like a decent rig, and should take you places.

Old 12-09-2022, 11:21 AM
BF Veteran
Tom A will become famous soon enough

Looks like a capable rig. Hopefully it will bring you many years of enjoyment. Sorry to hear about you and the Jeep, but I'm glad you're doing better. I hope you heal up completely.

I had a '97 Jeep TJ that I loved. It just didn't have enough room inside. I took the back seat out but still could barely fit a cooler and a few days of camping gear in it, let alone tools and spare parts. So I sold it and built my Blazer (with an SAS Dodge Dakota and a K5 Blazer in between). I think I'm in my happy place now (and I need a break from building rigs for a while, lol).

Enjoy the trails. I hope you have a good heater because it looks cold!

Old 12-10-2022, 11:21 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by DonL
Welcome from lower Ontario!

Very nice ride you have, she looks like we was cared for! Crappy deal on the accident, glad it wasn't worst.
thanks for the welcome. Just glad both us drivers are ok. Sure could have been a lot worse for either of us. Vehicles can be replaced and rebuild.

Old 12-10-2022, 11:26 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by El_Beautor
Welcome from a fellow Albertan. I hope you enjoy your new-to-you Blazer. It looks like a decent rig, and should take you places.
nice to meet another member from Alberta! Have been enjoying the blazer up until this evening .

Went to help my sister husband who hit his truck stuck up on the Farm is some deep snow. I got in there just fine. Hooked up the tow straps. And proceeded to give him a couple tugs to pull him free. Ended up Cracking the rear housing of my Transfer Case clean off 🙄

Looks like I'll have to chock it up to a shake down run and be thankful it happened closer to home and not out on the trails which we were planning for the following weekend.

Old 12-10-2022, 11:31 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by Tom A
Looks like a capable rig. Hopefully it will bring you many years of enjoyment. Sorry to hear about you and the Jeep, but I'm glad you're doing better. I hope you heal up completely.

I had a '97 Jeep TJ that I loved. It just didn't have enough room inside. I took the back seat out but still could barely fit a cooler and a few days of camping gear in it, let alone tools and spare parts. So I sold it and built my Blazer (with an SAS Dodge Dakota and a K5 Blazer in between). I think I'm in my happy place now (and I need a break from building rigs for a while, lol).

Enjoy the trails. I hope you have a good heater because it looks cold!
Thanks for the welcome to the group.

Tonight is one of those nights I miss the jeeps more than ever. Being a jeep owner for over 20 years I've accumulated lots of spare parts, have lots of experience repairing and know exchangeabillity of parts pretty good.

after this evening I have my 1st repair needed on the blazer. Ended up cracking the rear case of my transfer case pulling the sisters husband out of the snow on the farm.

Old 12-10-2022, 11:40 PM
Beginning Member

So guess I have my 1st question for the forum.

While out helping get my sister's husband's truck unstuck at the farm this evening. I ended up completely cracking the rear case of my transfer case. Completely bro the case.

Anyone have sone options for a quick swap of a Transfer Case from a wrecker that will bolt up to my 2001 NV3500 (,5 speed manual) what yesrs would be compatible for a quick replacement?

Guess his 3500 and the trailer with hay on it was a little too much to be giving a tug to. Not really what I wanted to happen, but at lease I was close to home base and not off on the trails in the bush.

Old 12-11-2022, 01:36 AM
Beginning Member

So guess I have my 1st question for the forum.

While out helping get my sister's husband's truck unstuck at the farm this evening. I ended up completely cracking the rear case of my transfer case. Completely bro the case.

Anyone have sone options for a quick swap of a Transfer Case from a wrecker that will bolt up to my 2001 NV3500 (,5 speed manual) what yesrs would be compatible for a quick replacement?

Guess his 3500 and the trailer with hay on it was a little too much to be giving a tug to. Not really what I wanted to happen, but at lease I was close to home base and not off on the trails in the bush.

Old 12-12-2022, 10:50 AM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

Man, that sucks! You should be able to swap in the same model transfer case from any '98+ S-series truck (Blazer, Jimmy, S10, or Sonoma). Is yours the NP233 or NP236? NP233 is a 3 button 4WD (2hi, 4hi, 4lo) while the NP236 is the 4 button autotrac which adds an automatic 4wd option.

There are also some models of these transfer cases that are stronger, but off the top of my head I don't have that info. A search on the forum will probably show you how to find or build/upgrade the stronger versions.

Quick Reply: Greetings from Alberta Canada