New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hello to all

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 10:47 AM
94 tahoe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello to all

Hi there just thought i would introduce myself to the rest of the people using this forum
My everyday drive is a 1994chevy Blazer Tahoe LT with the vortec 4.3W engine fitted (will upload a pic shortly)
The car was imported into the UK (2001)by the drummer of a band calld Queen (roger Taylor) who's lead singer was Freddie Mercury (massive in the UK but not sure in the USA).
I have pics of the car with freddie and the rest of the band sitting insideit so i guess it is possible that it may be worth a few pounds to a Queen fan??.
I aquired the car this year for £1000 ($500) and love it to bits as it answers my every demand i need in a car (shopping, family car, mudding and carrying the family dogs also)
As for the mechanical side of things this is my 1st American car and i am still finding my feet with some of the troublesome problems like the fuel spider, regulator and the nut kit ( i have replaced them all in the last 2 weeks)

I hope tobe ableputsomeinput into this forum however with my knowledge it is more than likely that i will be picking other peoples brains on here to help solve my problems
thanks to all
Keith in the UK

Old 11-17-2007, 10:56 AM
quinnman105 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Hello to all

I know who Queen is. I'm A FORMER RADIO DJ. Welcome to the forum!!! If you have any questions ask away.

Old 11-17-2007, 11:34 AM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

welcome. crazy about Freddies fear of getting those chompers fixed!

Old 11-17-2007, 11:49 AM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum!
I think it's safe to say Queen is pretty big over here in the States as well, maybe not recently, but they're definitely a household name.
Do you Brits still use pounds? Forgive my ignorance but I thought all members of the EU use the Euro for currency now?

Old 11-17-2007, 12:06 PM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about

Welcome to the forum.
We're familiar with both you're Queens. The band and the lady with the crown........her picture is on a lot of our Canadian currency.
I though that 1,000 pounds was worth about $2,000 not $500

Old 11-17-2007, 12:10 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

You are correct Chevy Lover:

2047.9004 US Dollars (USD) is equal to 1000 UK Pounds (GBP)

I knew the dollar was doing poorly in the global market, but not that poorly! Won't be too long before North America becomes its own version of the EU. The politicians are already talking about granting driver's licenses to illegal immigrants!

Old 11-17-2007, 12:51 PM
quinnman105 is an unknown quantity at this point

Queen Rocks! Long Live Freddie Mercury & Queen.

Old 11-17-2007, 02:16 PM
94 tahoe is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello again just to answer a couple of questions related to my post
Yes the pound is still going over here in the UKand the £1000 i paid for my car is $2000 my mistake
However why is it that i struggle to get parts shipped from the US from your auto stores noone seems to want to send overseas??
just to give you all an example of the recent repairs i made to the fuel injection system
nut kit (fuel return lines) £87.50 ($175.00)
fuel regulator kit £132.00 ($264.00)
gasket£27.00 ($54.00)
total qouted from the UK£246.50 ($493.00)
total from America e bay$113.50 inc postage) £56.75
Welcom to ripp off Britain
thanks for the warm welcome
cheers
Keith

Old 11-17-2007, 02:24 PM
Idriveachevy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey where in england are you from , ive been there twice.

Old 11-17-2007, 02:34 PM
BF Veteran
user 1016 has a spectacular aura aboutuser 1016 has a spectacular aura about

welcome!!!

Quick Reply: Hello to all