New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hello to all..........

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 06:30 PM
Beginning Member
blue*blazer is on a distinguished road
Default Hello to all..........

Just joined up and wanted to say hi to everyone. My wife is actually the Blazer owner, but I have the honors of keeping it maintained and road ready. She has a '98 dark blue in color 4 door model with all kinds of options. Just added a set of running boards a couple weeks ago. It has a quirk or two, but overall everything seems to be in great working order. We look forward to visiting here often and hopefully learn more about this neat little SUV.

Old 01-23-2010, 07:39 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the Forum.

Old 01-23-2010, 11:46 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

welcome to the show. glad to see yet another 4 door member showing up.

Old 01-24-2010, 01:53 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Even ones with the steering on the right side! LOL

Welcome from a foreign member.

Old 01-24-2010, 08:21 AM
Beginning Member

Hey, thanks! She has had it for about 7 months and really enjoys it. The 4 door fits into her lifestyle (workstyle) a lot better than a 2 door. She used to have a Dodge Ramcharger and fussed because it didn't have 4 doors. Oh well, she likes this one. I guess I had something to do with her buying it, as I used to be a taxicab mechanic and we had a bunch of the 4.3 engines on the fleet. The cabbies couldn't tear them up and I don't recall ever wearing one out. They usually were wrecked first or the time ran out for them. We couldn't have a vehicle over 10 years old on the fleet, per Wilmington, NC City Council's wisdom. The only problems with the 4.3 was once in a while we replaced a distributor. This Blazer we have has a heater gremlin. The mode switch will let air blow everywhere except in the floor. Since her feet are getting cold, I guess I will check this out pretty soon and try to fix that. Other than that, it is a great truck!

Old 01-24-2010, 09:05 AM
giod is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome to the forum from the south
Sounds like you have a vacuum line loose or your mode actuator is stuck.

Old 01-24-2010, 09:28 AM
Beginning Member

I need to pull the controls out and have a looksee....Everything works great except no air to the floor. When turned on floor, I think it comes out the defroster. Hope a door is not stuck. Guess I will find out.

Old 01-24-2010, 10:46 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by blue*blazer
I need to pull the controls out and have a looksee....Everything works great except no air to the floor. When turned on floor, I think it comes out the defroster. Hope a door is not stuck. Guess I will find out.

there's nothing to see. i have the exact same problem on my '98 with the Auto Climate Control system (was actually there last February, but i forgot to look into it before this Winter ).

as far as i know, the dash has to be pulled (which is why i'm doing mine as soon as it's April) to get @ the actuator. i can hear it moving, and does switch to the defrost or vents completely, but like you said, doesn't hit the floor (even on "blend").

Old 01-24-2010, 02:24 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Welcome to the forum from Canada!

Old 01-24-2010, 05:58 PM
Beginning Member

This one does not have automatic climate control. The bezel pops off the front and the controls are right there. I think they are the same as the Astro vans.

Quick Reply: Hello to all..........