New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hello Blazer Fans!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 01:17 PM
ZAPPY is on a distinguished road
Talking Hello Blazer Fans!

Hey Guys got myself my first chevy ( blazer ) .... My whole family are chevy fans except for one of my uncle and we all make sure we was off the dirt with urine when we walk on by.
I bought the truck off my buddy who was the original owner, its a 99 blazer LT. In 08' the motor went bad in the middle of kentucky.... dealership put in a ( brand new )new motor. The truck now has 12,224 miles on it since 2008. Everything else is stock!
If you guys could give me some heads up information about the truck what seems to go wrong and when, what to keep my eye open for, and some modifications I should get ( I like fishing, hunting, the woods etc ) PLEASE DONT TELL ME TO GET 400 watt subs, 22" chrome rims, dub stickers, or make it a low rider ... the higher the better !!!
I do need shocks .... i was looking at KYB since they are pretty cheap on autopartswarehouse.com .... In the future i would like to lift the thing (heard from a-lot of guys that its hard to find a kit and hard to lift a blazer), CAI, headers, exhaust ... open to advice!
Thanx!

Old 06-20-2011, 02:54 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

First off, welcome.

Check out rockauto.com for any parts you need, they usually have pretty good pricing.

As far as mods... screw 22s. Go 24s!

Seriously though... 2WD or 4WD? That makes all the difference to what mods we'd suggest.

Old 06-20-2011, 03:28 PM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

Assuming this is 4WD. Thanks for not... "pimping" it out, but you can still put a nice removable sound system in it. If it doesn't already have a brush guard/grille guard/push bar and whatever else its called... get one. Looks good and if you happen to get out of control and slide into a tree, you won't bust out a headlight.

Old 06-21-2011, 09:45 AM

Hey Guys! thanx for the welcome! Yea its a 4WD... Grille guard sounds awesome, got to look around for one, rockauto .... got it thanx, 24" check ( Just joking )~~
but thanx alot guys!!

Old 06-21-2011, 09:47 AM

In that case, you can crank the tbars and add rear lift shackles (under 100 bucks) and get about 2" of lift.

Old 06-21-2011, 09:49 AM

Niiiice! 2" extra is 2" extra .... even in the eyes of a chick!
Thanx Random

Old 06-21-2011, 09:51 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

A roof rack would be good for fishing hunting ext. and some extra lighting is always a plus, be it hids or off road lights.

Old 06-21-2011, 09:55 AM

I have a rood rack, but i don't have a light bar like you Thogert.... it looks sick btw!
Are the light bars hard to get and do they run expensive?

Old 06-21-2011, 09:58 AM

Yeah, your roof rack isn't really what he meant. I believe he meant more like a roof basket. Something like this:

(borrowed from Benedict's Blazer build)

Old 06-21-2011, 10:02 AM

wow! Yea! This forum is awesome, you guys are really help, this roof basket is the shizzz, you guys are giving me alot of good ideas! I appreciate it, but i think the roof basket is a must!

Quick Reply: Hello Blazer Fans!