New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hello Blazer World

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 09:52 AM
NoNameKevin is on a distinguished road
Default Hello Blazer World

Hows it going. Names Kevin (if you haven't noticed) and well I am new, not only to this forums, but to the Domestic Community. I am an Import Fan at heart, but in all reality, if it has a motor its cool in my books. I have owned, and worked on cars Ranging from your Riced Out civic (hey High schoolers have to start somehwere, am I right? lol) to 700hp AWD Scooby's (I miss my forester ), and even some really nice Tramp sport bikes (never ridden, just worked on). I don't own a blazer yet, as I can't legally own the one I have till the 20th of this month (I am geting it from a friend who runs a towing and recovery company, and it becomes his on the 20th)

I don't knwo the details on it, but its either a 1st gen or a second gen s10 blazer 4x4. I have read jsut about every build thread there is on this site (bored at work what can I say?) and Have some Ideas for my own build thread.

I also wnat to let you guys know, that I type faster than I would like too, and that I misspell alot of words becasue of it, I am also a little bit lazy when it comes to fixing those mistakes. its just who I am lol

Old 06-17-2011, 10:12 AM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the forum, what do you have in mind in terms of mods?

Old 06-17-2011, 10:40 AM
NoNameKevin is on a distinguished road

as far as mods go, I know I will want to lift it a little bit, just to put some aggressive tires on it, So I am thinking about maybe a 2" body lift. Where I live in florida we dont have many hills or anyhting, but we definitly have a lot of brush, and mud (only when it rains, which its getting to the point where hopefully it rains every day) So I definitly want to make a snorkel, and some Brush pans for underneath, and get a full brush bar, with winches in the front and back. definitely want to put a sturdy enough roof rack so when I get my 2 gator tags a year, we have somewhere to be and places to hang the bait from.

Being an Amatuer Radio operator, and having family that works for Police Departments, I do a lot of Emergency Communications, and also with hurricane season mildly approaching, I want to be able to help out when I can, and to make the truck last, I am going to pull the interior and bed liner the floor, and atleast 8" up all sides, and the door jams and what not, just as another form of rust prevention. I am going to somehow get an overhead console put in, so I can mount my radio equipment up above my head, to keep it somewhat safe from the elements.

Also I plan on putting some emergency equipment slide outs for such equipment as ropes, tool set, Sawsall, chainsaw, and inflatable bags (the ones that stick into the exhaust to inflate, in the event I need that) picture the rig as a civilian Search adn rescue rig lol.

This is a whole new world to me. I am used to slamming everything I ave owned as far down to the ground as possible, and make it fast. This I plan on lifting, and making as torquey as possible, and will actually increase the HP as well (350 SB swap, already have the motor lol)

Sorry for the novel, but I have spent almost a year desgining the rig in my head so I have numerous ideas up there, but getting them all out would be a waste, and I want to surprise people when I do my build lol.