New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hello i am travis !!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2022, 11:26 AM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Tom A
Sounds like you have your work cut out for you. Luckily, it seems like you're pretty enthusiastic. Hopefully you still are after doing all that work.

It does sound like you have an internal fuel leak of some sort. It's probably best to make separate posts about different issues you're working on in the relevant forum sections. That way, you're more likely to get good information, instead of your questions getting lost in your welcome thread.

I don't want to hijack your thread, but here are a few pictures of my rig. As far as I know, anybody can post pictures. Just hit the "Go Advanced" button and "Manage Attachments". Then follow the instructions. I'm not sure about videos.

Tom A's rig is one of the tougher and more capable ones on the forum. His advice is always good.

However I do like to give give him a hard time by asking when he's going to upgrade from those wimpy tires he's always using. LOL

Old 02-17-2022, 11:59 AM
BF Veteran
Tom A will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by christine_208
However I do like to give give him a hard time by asking when he's going to upgrade from those wimpy tires he's always using. LOL

Old 02-17-2022, 10:28 PM
Beginning Member
rdr2wasdope is on a distinguished road

HI Don! thank you, cant wait to meet em. Canadian blaze all the way!

yes, Tom, I'm very enthusiastic. I've spent my savings to get this far with it so i don't think ill be leaving this goal behind any time soon unless gas keeps going up and they ban fuel vehicles but hey lets keep the party going till then eh. haha and i get not posting multiple problems and getting lost in explaining.
Your Rig is Beast!
that's a solid front axel ? how high do you sit, your suspension must ride like a Cadillac ??

I have a question

at what point dose tire size start to effect fuel economy / acceleration ??

Old 02-18-2022, 09:23 AM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by rdr2wasdope
Your Rig is Beast!
that's a solid front axel ? how high do you sit, your suspension must ride like a Cadillac ??

I have a question

at what point dose tire size start to effect fuel economy / acceleration ??
Thanks! The front axle is a Chevy Dana 60 and the rear is a 14-bolt full floater. Probably overkill, but I hate breaking things, lol. I've never really measured, but it's probably about 12" over stock height with 37" tires. Quite a bit lower than some others I've seen, but the trails I drive on have a lot of off-camber sections, so I prefer to keep the center of gravity reasonably low. Plus I'm old and out of shape, so I need to be able to get in and out of it, lol.

I'm not sure exactly what point tire size starts to affect power and economy, but I passed that point long ago. Luckily, with the right gears (I have 4.88s), you can gain most of the power back, but fuel economy is gone forever. I don't commute to work in it or anything, so fuel economy isn't really a concern, and most of my trail driving is under 2MPH, so horsepower doesn't really matter to me. That's why I opted to keep the stock engine and avoid the smog hassle, rather than upgrade to a V8.

Old 02-18-2022, 09:57 PM
Beginning Member
rdr2wasdope is on a distinguished road

I don't believe in overkill. that just means done right. chea. 12" your flying .
haha, I've never seen 2mph written , that's a crawling speed all right! i get it with the pics, you do 4X proud
straight vertical drops, float over 3 foot rocks, sick stuff .
I don't have the nerves nor patience for that type of driving
I think the guys who drive their rigs through swamps are ****en insane boyz too haha

my end goal is to get a 6" lift on her with some 3/4 poke sitting on some fly 20s
yes . i said it, IM GOING TO PIMP MY CHEVY OUT! .
i want her to be my show ride DD. i have a big plans
blue glow interior dash gauges and eq deck , 6" screen - 2 10s done right ,
i cant help but want baby this truck.

I just did the carfax check and its pretty boring .....
basically showed me nothing other then confirming my odometer.
I'm sitting at 138,111 KM.
body clean, interior clean, no rust.

got some small kinks to work out now though like the possible interior fuel leak.

is that a severe problem and how would i go about finding the source you think?
ill take a picture of the dipstick tomorrow so everyone can see the fuel dilution in the oil.

Old 02-19-2022, 10:20 AM
BF Veteran

There's a sticky in one of the sections here about checking fuel pressure. The part of the test where you turn off the engine and watch the fuel pressure to see if it drops can help you determine whether you have fuel leaks inside the intake manifold. I would start by following the whole procedure step by step. If there is a leak in the fuel injector spider assembly, it's pretty easy to replace, though quality replacement parts are not cheap (and cheap replacement parts are often not quality).