New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hello my name is john and I am addicted to my blazer

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2012 | 01:28 AM
|
Beginning Member
Blazerbomber96 is on a distinguished road
Default Hello my name is john and I am addicted to my blazer

I live in Calgary and would love to meet up with locals. I own a completely bone stock (except for tinted taillights) 1996 chevrolet blazer 2 door she is black and has 4wd (i think they all do?) Has the stock 4.3 no mods and is automatic. I love her to death but when im driving above fifty with my foot on the same spot on the gas pedal the rpms climb up a few hundred then drops suddenly and does this repeatedly unless i take my foot off the gas or accelerate, and i can feel the engine revving up and down.
Any ideas? plus what all would it take to put a newer front end on it ( im not a big fan of the square headlights i like the 2000 style, and any suggestions on what i can do to get better gas mileage? Thank you guys and im glad to be a part of this forum and i will be uploading pictures of my baby soon

Last edited by Blazerbomber96; 10-23-2012 at 01:46 AM. Reason: forgot to add location of residence
Old 10-23-2012 | 06:26 AM
Lanny is on a distinguished road

Welcme from new jersey!
the odd rev pattern may indicate failing Trans fluid. Check quality and level.
The grill from a 2000 will bolt right up to your 96 with only 2 minor mods. First you will need to use the radiator mounting brackets from the 2000 and you will need the bulb connections from.the 2000 as well. Good luck starting your build.

Old 10-23-2012 | 06:49 AM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

welcome from michigan

Old 10-23-2012 | 08:41 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Welcome from Utah.

Old 10-23-2012 | 10:23 AM
Starting Member
rezlab will become famous soon enough

Welcome from New York

Old 10-23-2012 | 02:42 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Welcome from VA!!

Old 10-23-2012 | 07:02 PM
|
Beginning Member
Blazerbomber96 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Lanny
Welcme from new jersey!
the odd rev pattern may indicate failing Trans fluid. Check quality and level.
The grill from a 2000 will bolt right up to your 96 with only 2 minor mods. First you will need to use the radiator mounting brackets from the 2000 and you will need the bulb connections from.the 2000 as well. Good luck starting your build.
Thank you I will look into it. And once I find the grill and such ill start posting build pics

And thank you to everyone else

Old 10-23-2012 | 09:00 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Welcome from NY

Old 10-24-2012 | 09:48 AM
gojorg has a spectacular aura aboutgojorg has a spectacular aura about

Welcome from New Jersey

Old 10-24-2012 | 11:43 AM
Starting Member
cody monroe is on a distinguished road
Talking Hello from California

Originally Posted by Blazerbomber96
I live in Calgary and would love to meet up with locals. I own a completely bone stock (except for tinted taillights) 1996 chevrolet blazer 2 door she is black and has 4wd (i think they all do?) Has the stock 4.3 no mods and is automatic. I love her to death but when im driving above fifty with my foot on the same spot on the gas pedal the rpms climb up a few hundred then drops suddenly and does this repeatedly unless i take my foot off the gas or accelerate, and i can feel the engine revving up and down.
Any ideas? plus what all would it take to put a newer front end on it ( im not a big fan of the square headlights i like the 2000 style, and any suggestions on what i can do to get better gas mileage? Thank you guys and im glad to be a part of this forum and i will be uploading pictures of my baby soon
Hey man, I bought myself a 2001 back in April and I've noticed a similar rpm problem. (Possibly not as bad as you describe though). I took attention to it by asking a bunch of mechanics and literally they all said "it's supposed to do that, because it's the torque converter doing what it does". I was really turned off by that answer because I don't like feeling my truck doing things I don't make it do. So if you find a fix to that that works, let me know.

Quick Reply: Hello my name is john and I am addicted to my blazer