New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hello from SE Mich.

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 05:42 PM
Starting Member
EzTec is on a distinguished road
Default Hello from SE Mich.

Hello everyone. Thanks for having me.

My name is Chris, and I live in SE Michigan. I just acquired a 2000 LS 4x4 with the 4.3L V6 in Space Blue Metallic, and I love it. I'm afraid it's a lemon, but I'm sure any necessary repair will be fairly inexpensive.

The main reason I found your forum, is because I love forums for the sheer fact of having a good community that knows all of, or most of the answers.

Now, I'm not the type to put $10,000 into this truck to make it a monster truck, nor am I stupid enough to make it a low-rider. I don't do "systems" or "dubs". What I will do, are possible upgrades to increase HP, MPG's and/or comfort.

What I plan to do:
  1. Exhaust manifold upgrade to decrease resistance, hence increasing MPG's.
  2. CAI to increase HP
  3. upgraded shocks for a smoother ride
As I get to these points, I plan on coming here for most of my upgrade advice. This is a clean truck, and I plan on keeping it that way.

Thanks a lot, and have a great day.

-EzTec

PS: Here are some pics! (The pics are about a month old. They don't show the new tires I put on (Continental Contitrac 235/70R15))

http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/9392/dsc00068ds.jpg
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/9124/dsc00069jn.jpg

Last edited by EzTec; 04-11-2010 at 05:45 PM.
Old 04-11-2010, 06:04 PM
BlazerGuy2001 is on a distinguished road

Welcome from rochester michigan!! not far away at all! beautiful truck! you should paint those tow hooks so they match the cleanliness of the rest of the truck!

Old 04-11-2010, 06:24 PM
Starting Member

I was thinking about what to do with those. I was either going to sand the surface rust off and paint them black, or something. I like the matching color idea.

Old 04-11-2010, 06:33 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the Forum. Wow, that blue really pops out at you!

Old 04-11-2010, 06:38 PM
Starting Member

Thanks rriddle3. It's funny, really. Since the time I bought this truck last month, I've only seen one other Space Blue Metallic Blazer on the road, and it just so happens to be some guy at the local McDonalds that works there. I told my dad to keep an eye out for another one. They are hard to find. lol

Old 04-11-2010, 08:12 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Welcome!!

Old 04-12-2010, 02:14 AM
foxxie is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the forum from New Zealand.
Nice clean looking rig you've got there.

Old 04-12-2010, 06:15 AM
Starting Member

Thanks foxxie. I looked for a while to get one that I liked. This one stood out because of the color and the condition. I'll be babying this truck like mad.

-EzTec

Old 04-12-2010, 09:34 AM
Unlimitedsp is on a distinguished road

Welcome From Pennsylvania

Old 04-13-2010, 07:42 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Welcome to the forum from Canada!

That's a color you don't see too often on the Blazer's...but I love that blue. Looks great!

Quick Reply: Hello from SE Mich.