New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hi Everyone!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 03:22 PM
BlazerChops is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi Everyone!

Yep, my first post here. Imagine that! LOL

Anyway, my brother and I have decided to swap vehicles, my '02 Mazda Miata for his '02 Blazer LS. For my work, an SUV is a lot more practical. It's a major change, but I was starting to get a little bored with a tiny car, plus the LS is still a 5-speed, so I'm happy. He's thrilled to have the Miata so everything works out perfect.

As for the Blazer, it is in complete stock form except for an e-Bay special CAI and clear signal units up front that my brother put on several years ago. Just within the last couple of months, new Firestone Firehawk rubber was slapped on. Other than that, the truck is bone stock and runs perfectly with a tad over or under 59k miles, can't remember right off hand.

One thing I want to do ASAP is tint the darn windows!

I would eventually like to soup it up a little, good CAI, headers, exhaust, chip, you know, the typical boring stuff.Maybe even a supercharger, but that's way later down the road. Something else I want to do, which will also probably be the first major mod is dropping it about 3-4", stiffening up the suspenssion (shocks, front springs, sway bars). I also want to see if I can find some decent looking replacement stock wheels, maybe something off of a newer or larger Chevy SUV. Something in the 16-18" range in polished aluminum or possibly even chrome if it doesn't look too "bling". I want it to look stock,like something GM would have put out as a special edition.

One other thing I want to look into is the drivetrain. Is it just me, just this particular Blazer, or is there an awful lot of slop in it?! Not in the shifter mind you, but like from the output shaft back to the diff? It feels like it's all attached with rubberbands! LOL

Anywho, that's about it for now. Here's a few pics I just took a short while ago. Thanks!

Old 05-11-2008, 03:36 PM
cliro is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Hi Everyone!

welcome to the forum. nice blazer

Old 05-11-2008, 05:08 PM
Starting Member
blzrls is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome. Nice looking truck

Old 05-11-2008, 06:26 PM

Thanks guys! Yeah, she's lookin' pretty good for being 6 years old. The only thing I hate is that plastic part around and over the rear side windows. Being in Florida, the sun has beaten the heck out of them. You can even see it a little in those pics. It's even pitted on the top! I was thinking about taking them off, sanding them, shooting them with primer and paint, but under closer inspection, I noticed they are riveted on and also looks like they seal in the side windows. Oh well, that's kind of low on the priority list.

Old 05-11-2008, 06:42 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome! Looks good!

Old 05-11-2008, 10:09 PM
Scooterewski is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome from a fellow Floridian...What area are you from? Looks like Lake county from the back drop....

Old 05-11-2008, 10:27 PM

Hi Scooter, thanks!... I'm in Lakeland actually (Polk County). [sm=lame.gif]

BTW, been playing around in PS3 for a few minutes before I hit the sack here. Anyway, this is about how I want my Blazer to sit eventually. It's roughly a 2" drop, but now since I look at it,it could probably stand to go down to a 3" drop. I don't want it too low. So where does one go online for such parts, and where does one go to have such parts installed properly?

Before:

After:

Old 05-12-2008, 12:16 AM
Starting Member
firemansc32 is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome. The rear window trim problem is pretty common on 2drs. As soon as work slows down I plan on refinishing mine.
[align=left] [/align]

Old 05-12-2008, 12:24 AM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the forum, glad to have you!! I originally did a 3/4 drop on mine the old fashioned way, chopped the springs and added a 4 inch tapered drop block to the rear it road really good IMO, and handled really well. For the rear plastic what I did is sand mine smooth then tapped them off and sprayed filler primer over them (did a couple of coats) then sanded them in between coats of primer then shot them with a gloss black and they look pretty good and no more brown!!

Old 05-12-2008, 12:36 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Welcome.

Quick Reply: Hi Everyone!