New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

How-Do from New England

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009 | 09:26 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

welcome to the show brother. you should post some pic's of her anyways, regardsless of the rust. that way we can see the tranformation when it's lookin' all pretty.
hey 96Blazernut, my "baby" is from your home State, why would you want to go some place to have your rides rust away?

Old 10-05-2009 | 09:31 PM
|
BlazeringSaddles is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ABN31B
Welcome to the forum. When your done with the East coast, give the West a shot.
I heard that! I just spent a month out in the Northwest this spring, hadn't been back in many years ABN! Was a Forest Ranger w./ the "Forest Circus" as you all call the 'pickle suits' out West--LMAO!!-- (green U.S. Forest Service uniforms for those who never heard the slang)

Worked, lived and played in Montana, Idaho, and Beaverton, OR. for awhile. Best fishing, hunting, and hiking anywhere on the planet (imo). Naw, on second thought, that is a FACT

I'll move back "ASAP", but have obligations and responsibilities here for now *heavy sigh*... Maybe I could just say ferk 'em all back here in 'Megalopolis' and run away!!! J/K

Old 10-05-2009 | 09:54 PM
|
Talking ...But I'm still "hooked on Phonics"

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
welcome to the show brother. you should post some pic's of her anyways, regardsless of the rust. that way we can see the tranformation when it's lookin' all pretty.
hey 96Blazernut, my "baby" is from your home State, why would you want to go some place to have your rides rust away?
Thanks old skool! truth be told, I need to learn this "new school" posting of pics stuff. My nieces and nephews all know how to do al this cool stuff, but me, hell, I just FINALLY learned how to use a digtal camera and send pics via email this summer! And I did computer programming 25 years ago. Just got tired of all the hype, or maybe a 'mental block' as some half-arsed social worker-type would say!

Will REALLY enjoy talking with you all, i can already tell this is a cool site. Adn these S-10 Blazers are the COOLEST little "critters" ain;t they? I'd like to stuff a LT-1 into them in a few years when I'm more "flush" w./ the dinero! -haha!! anyone know about how much the curb weights are on the 1st gen. S-10 Blazers ? Either for the 2W.D.'s or the 4W.D.'s? ---Thanks all!

Old 10-05-2009 | 10:53 PM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

Welcome! from no where special.... just oklahoma lol

Old 10-05-2009 | 11:29 PM
packofqtips is an unknown quantity at this point

an ls engine is a much better fit
i would love to put a 6.0 in my truck maybe one day in the future

welcome to the site from a fellow new englander

Old 10-05-2009 | 11:32 PM
|

Originally Posted by okvortec
Welcome! from no where special.... just oklahoma lol
Hey, OK is COOL these days Bro.! Norman, OK. made the "top cities" list in Mother Earth news this issue for quality of life and revitalizing the place w./ young blood's energy/ideas!

Being "next door" for a bit, as an onrey ole' Missouri Mule skinner-ha! I've always liked your state, except for those dang twisters People in the East are scared to DEATH of them, whereas in the midwest alot of us were scared of the hurricanes, which are all over the east!---LOL! -- I guess it's a "fear-of-the-unknown" sort of thing, eh?

Old 10-05-2009 | 11:39 PM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

Hah! I guess so man I go out on my porch when the tornado sirens go off!

Yeah now that you mention it Tulsa made the top 3 slots in a nationwide survey in several categories such as "safest place to live" "best home buyers market" "best place to raise a family" and a few others.

I really don't have any complaints, I love it! But you don't really hear much about in in the national or world news, which is a good thing IMO!

Old 10-06-2009 | 12:03 AM
|
Talking thanks you dang Yankee!! Up in Red Sox country eh?

Originally Posted by packofqtips
an ls engine is a much better fit
i would love to put a 6.0 in my truck maybe one day in the future

welcome to the site from a fellow new englander
Thanks for the tip, and the greeting too! Although I don't know what an LS is. Mostly into Mopars-ha! A 6.0 is a 360, and I haven't even heard of a 360 GM mill. I better get out my car mag's.---LOL!---

Old 10-06-2009 | 12:07 AM
packofqtips is an unknown quantity at this point

ls engines are the newest generations of chevy small blocks with coil on plug setups so no worry about the distributor fitting, ls1 all the way up to a ls9, which is the supercharged 7.0 corvette engine

Old 10-06-2009 | 01:30 AM
|

Originally Posted by okvortec
Hah! I guess so man I go out on my porch when the tornado sirens go off!

Yeah now that you mention it Tulsa made the top 3 slots in a nationwide survey in several categories such as "safest place to live" "best home buyers market" "best place to raise a family" and a few others.

I really don't have any complaints, I love it! But you don't really hear much about in in the national or world news, which is a good thing IMO!
yeah, my Mom used to take me outside in Missouri in the '60's as a baby to watch them tear the roofs off of garages like can openers--LMAO!!--I don't know if I can take the humidity anymore though. Getting too fat and wimpy. although CT. here gets really humid, but our "hot" days are still about 20*F. below your hotter ones Love Tulsa, better than OKC...but it's okay. Some day I'm gonna go to the Cookson hills. (Always wanted to see where Dillinger's gang,(( and Bonnie and Clyde too)) hung out in them thar hills--LOL!) They probably knew they could high-tail it into "our" Ozarks "next door" if the chit hit the fan--LMAO!---I'm kind of partial to the Flint hills up around Newton, KS. where alot of my kin are too, for the same reason you mentioned! (never makes the main-stream news-heee, hee, heee)...

Quick Reply: How-Do from New England