New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Howdy!...First Post

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 12:00 PM
Beginning Member
BlazinClint is on a distinguished road
Default Howdy!...First Post

Howdy!

Fairly new member. Thanks for all the info ya'll post, it's helped me out several times. I got a 99 Blazer, 2dr w/Push button 4x4 last year with about 108k miles. It was/is in great shape with a good maintenance history for the most part. I replaced the tires for BFGoodrich T/A's-255/70/R15. (This is my beach vehicle that gets me down PINS)

Of course not long after having it we had to have a new intake gasket put in. Then my father-in-law replaced the FPR, which I greatly appreciate but was done in a "quick and dirty" manner that I wouldn't have done if I had the knowledge/experience to do myself; after putting everything back together we did a seafoam "IV". Shortly after that repair the SES light popped on and AutoZone pulled a P1441 (EVAP System Flow During Non-Purge) code. They suggested replacing purge solenoid. I didn't want to replace anything without a proper diagnosis and ended up driving it for the last year.

Recently found the forum and other info that helped me to locate and diagnose the purge solenoid as being faulty. Cost me 30$ for the part and took a few minutes to switch out the bad one. I will try to get some pics and post that for others reference.

If you couldn't tell already, I have very little automotive knowledge or experience beyond putting a spare tire on, oil changes, and checking coolant levels. I got a haynes which has been somewhat helpful but not when it counts. With ya'lls help I hope to continue doing my own repairs and mods as much as possible. Thanks again...and sorry for the long post. Here's a couple pics of the Blazer...

Name:  DSCN21512.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  85.6 KB

Name:  DSCN2153.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  80.2 KB

Last edited by BlazinClint; 07-22-2012 at 02:52 PM. Reason: Photo resizing issues fixed. Not TrailBlazer ed.
Old 07-22-2012, 12:25 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome! The OBDII Index link in my signature below helps many find what they need. You can also run a search to see what others have done to cure this code. Just ask when you run into something that doesn't compute!

Your truck looks nice. It's probably been converted into a trailblazer edition by a previous owner who just swapped the front seats since you are missing some of the exterior trim/decals and I believe that the option was only available on the 4dr blazer.

Old 07-22-2012, 12:37 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Welcome from Utah.

Old 07-22-2012, 12:41 PM
Beginning Member

Thanks for the info, clears up some of my confusion. When we got it from the car lot, they gave us a print out of it's RPO codes. Some are obvious, others not so much and I wasn't exactly sure what the TrailBlazer edition consisted of.

I have been to the OBDII section and the trouble code threads as well. That's how I eventually got that purge solenoid fixed. My problem is the lack of knowledge/experience. A lot of times I can't picture or don't know really what I'm looking for. With different engines/fuel injection/emissions systems/etc it's sometimes challenging for me to figure out what exactly is under my hood. But it's fun learning and saving $$.

Old 07-22-2012, 12:56 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Welcome

Old 07-22-2012, 02:05 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

A Trailblazer would say 'Trailblazer' on the door, not 'Blazer'. It also would have additional cladding below the doors to give it a bit lower stance. The interior would be two toned, tan and brown with embroidery on the head rests, door inserts, and I believe on the dash as well.

For as complete a decoding as possible of your VIN & RPO codes, check out Compnine.com.

As with anything on a forum, when you don't know, search then ask!

Old 07-22-2012, 02:45 PM
gojorg has a spectacular aura aboutgojorg has a spectacular aura about

Welcome from New Jersey

Old 07-22-2012, 03:07 PM
Beginning Member

Thanks all for the welcome.

I have had the VIN info since purchase along with RPOs. And, I already visited Compnine.com a couple wks ago and the paper I mentioned w/our cars RPO codes match. Both give the same codes and definitions which can be specific or vague. Here's a couple of examples of the vague ones: ZQ6 (DRIVER CONVENIENCE PACKAGE III DRVR CONVENIENCE PKG III), and 1SC (PACKAGE-OPTION 03).

Believe me, I have been using the search quite a bit, maybe not as efficiently as others but I use it. Haven't been able to figure several of those vague code descriptions yet, here or on other sites but I will keep trying.

Old 07-22-2012, 09:42 PM
247monster will become famous soon enough

welcome!!

Old 07-23-2012, 08:29 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Welcome to the forum! Its refreshing to see someone who is willing to take the time and search for what they need and is willing to learn from what others have to say. You can learn alot more about your truck than you will probably ever need to know on this forum. We have some incredibly knowledgeable guys and gals on here that are more than willing to help you out in any way they can. Good luck learning and nice truck!!