New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Howdy from Texas

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 10:02 PM
Beginning Member
kinson33 is on a distinguished road
Default Howdy from Texas

Thanks to while searching for some info about the blazer I came across this place.

I inherited my grandads '00 Blazer LT 4dr 4wd. Its been mostly sitting for the past 4 years since he passed so we finally moved it down here. I was shocked, this thing isnt even broken in yet with only 40k miles on it. The interior is flawless. Only little bit of cracking leather on the driver seat but you can barely see it, spotless otherwise.

Exterior not so much... my grandma drove it some and to put it lightly she shouldn't have been driving. Minor dings, dented front bumper and big scratch on the back hatch.

I got the oil changed, they said the trans fluid looks good. What else should I be looking out for? It runs perfect as far as I can tell, but I know every model has their unique problems.

Also looking to have a little fun with it, maybe a 2" lift. Want to do full exhaust with the headers and muffler. Can't decide on an air intake or do a home made

Any thoughts and tips appreciated. Thanks.

-Charlie

Old 09-27-2009, 10:05 PM
oisinirish is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome.

Old 09-27-2009, 11:11 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcom to the Forum.
Originally Posted by kinson33
...I got the oil changed, they said the trans fluid looks good. What else should I be looking out for?...
No matter how the trans fluid looked, I would have it drained and filled. Also, the engine coolant should be flushed and filled along with a new Stant radiator cap.

Old 09-28-2009, 12:17 AM
Beginning Member

Oh yeah forgot to mention I did get the coolant flushed when I got the oil changed.

What benefit will a new radiator cap be? (thanks for the tip, just curious)

Also I've charged the freon twice now, re-checked and the pressure is back down to nothing both times. Obviously I'm not blowin any cold air. Do I have a leak or is that a compressor problem? Definitely need that AC with leather seats in south texas.

Old 09-28-2009, 12:57 AM
foxxie is on a distinguished road

Welcome! from down south.

Old 09-28-2009, 02:28 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Welcome from New Zealand.

Old 09-28-2009, 09:25 AM
Unlimitedsp is on a distinguished road

Welcome from Pennsylvania!

Old 09-28-2009, 09:43 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Welcome to the forum from Canada!

Old 09-28-2009, 11:54 AM
Beginning Member
Lone Star Blaze is on a distinguished road

Welcome! where in TX?

Old 09-28-2009, 12:40 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by Lone Star Blaze
Welcome! where in TX?
Just north of San Antonio, and yourself?

Quick Reply: Howdy from Texas