New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

indiana blazing again

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 03:12 AM
jmessic is on a distinguished road
Default indiana blazing again

hi im a second time owner of a 2002 chevy zr2 blazer, I am 28 yrs old and owned my first bike last year (01 suzuki intruder 800) and traded it for my 2 dr black 4x4 zr2 blazer. i found the truck on craigslist and contacted the previous owners before they even posted a picture of it, especially since they were interested in trading for a cruiser typy motorcycle. When i was 16 i took trade and industry class on auto mechanics in high school. Somebody donated a 92 black 2 dr blazer sport, to the school shop. with a 114k on it and the front end smashed in I purchased it as my first vehicle for 900$ and spent maybe 400 on used parts and put it back together myself and had a black blazer with a red hood and blue fender. it took me two months to acquire all the parts and get it on the road. saved some more money and soon lowered it 2-3 for a sporty low, (like an extreme) but befor they were invented..cleared the taillites put some alum mags on low pros on it and gave the whole thing a paint job. i was roling in style for a couple years until a dui accident took my blazer to the dump. After this past summer I realized my motorcycle was a good starter bike but was smaller than i wanted so decided to trade it and when the previous owners told me their zr2 was black I told them there was a 90 percent chance id take it that day. they were asking 3500 w 140k on original everything. I got there and the rear tailgate was badly buckled but operatable and he showed me the radiator leak and explained the amount of loss per week. otherwise he said all was working. So after a five minute drive with him driving half the time and denying hearing the rear breaks squeekin i took a chance and left my bike with him (i was asking 2500 for my bike), plus a thousand cash. that was 2 months ago and since then i have replaced the radiator-new 110$, lower ball joints-new70$, idler arm-new 50?$, pitman still needs changed, stabalizer sway bar links-new, all four shocks-new 180$, 4x4 vacuum actuator-new50?$, rear brake pads-new 40$, cd player 12" mtx bandpass box-used/new 250$. I have fiddled with the torsion bars for height adjustments, cut the rubber suspension bumpers down an about 1.5". and just had to rip rear tailgate panel off to fix the window latch and tailgate release. I plan on replaceing entire tailgate, painting the flares, trim, win molding, and spare bracket next two weeks or so. so wish me luck and hopefully i wont be on here too often checking for answers when im stumped (my dad was an auto painter, and i took auto mech my junior year in high school otherwise I havent had any other auto education and i havent talked to my father about cars for 10years. Its nice to have a chevy family again