New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Late to the party

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2021, 10:17 PM
Beginning Member
RedSledge is on a distinguished road
Smile Late to the party

Hi All,
On a whim, I bought a really clean and shiny red '99 Blazer LT this past May . It has only 123K on it which I think is pretty good considering it's 22 years old! The auto temp (ECC) system didn't cool even though the refrigeration system was super frosty (fixing that was a real education), so I think that issue might have contributed to its former owner(s) lower than normal use - nothing like having hot air blowing in your face on a 90 degree day! It came from Kansas farm country so the bottom has lots of dirt-road build up, but I haven't yet found a single speck of rust. And the lack of any UV paint or plastic damage tells me it must have spent all it's time just going from one covered parking area to another.

I've lurked in this forum all summer, using some of the great info posted here to bring my new baby up close to perfect working condition, so with all this experience I've gained a wealth of knowledge about many things on these cars I'm hoping to be able to pass on to others, and also hoping to gain even more knowledge from the rest of you experienced members. This is my 1st 4x4 anything, and my 1st SUV. I was actually shopping for a standard cab 4x4 compact pickup but new ones don't seem to exist, and all the used ones I saw had extreme mileage on them and/or serious mechanical issues.

Anyway, I know I'm really late to the party with this old Blazer - I'm sure a great many of them have long since been retired - but I just can't stand most of the rubbish that's being offered on showroom floors today. The bizarre front end styling looks like they're intended to scare babies. So hope to see you all in the 2nd gen section.

Regards

PS I'm really confused about the image posting sticky. It's old as Methuselah, assumes we're all running Windows XP, and suggests picture frame sizes that went out of favor 15 years ago - even my ancient and obsolete Galaxy S4 defaults to frame sizes much larger than that. Anyone know what the up-to-date guidelines are?