Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://blazerforum.com/forum/new-member-area-4/)
-   -   Needing a Mechanic/Joplin Mo (https://blazerforum.com/forum/new-member-area-4/needing-mechanic-joplin-mo-55512/)

2 Door Blazer Babe 02-17-2011 09:40 AM

I joined this forum hoping to find a mechanic who will fix the fuel injector hoses on my 1994 Blazer 4.3. I can buy parts but have no money left for labor. So I need a mechanic in the Joplin Missouri area who will fix it for free or take payments. I've bought the hose assembly already from O'Reilly for 63 bucks and it comes in today (2/17/10).

In Dec 2009 a uninsured driver totaled her and it cost me every penny I had just to put her back on the road. He totaled everything from the fan to the bumper. He drove away while i watched my girl be towed on a flat bed. 3 days later when I went to OK looking for him he had moved and turned his cell phone off. Cops said he wasn't obligated to have insurance because of the way MO wrote their laws. But as of 8/28/10 ALL cars in Mo must have insurance. I got the law changed but it was too late for me.

I've just had a string of bad luck lately but I'm good for payments. I live in the middle of nowhere and have been stranded now for 2 weeks.

Is there anybody out there that will help me? :icon_shrug:

I uploaded her pictures. If I won a million bucks tomorrow I'd make her beautiful again instead of buy something new. That's how much I love my Blazer! :-)

ChevyBlazerChick 02-17-2011 12:34 PM

If you can't find someone around you that will fix it. I'm sure we can give you some good directions on how to do it. There are plently of people here that have '94s and will know how to fix it, and if not there is always Autozone. They sometimes have some nice repair directions on their website.

old skool luvr 02-17-2011 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by ChevyBlazerChick (Post 409722)
If you can't find someone around you that will fix it, I'm sure we can give you some good directions on how to do it.

bang on advice Kayla. :icon_wink:

Blazer Babe, do a search through the DIY & 1st gen tech sections. there's a wealth of info in there for you. i'm almost positive there's even a specific '92 to '95 W-code injector replacement thread.

you never specifically said you have the Vortec (W-code) engine, but i've never come across anyone who needed to change the lines on a Z-code before. :)

a little more advice, include you location in your posting info, it'll make it easier for others to know where you are (found up here ^^ @ the upper right corner of each post). i know you included it in your OP, but it helps for future assistance questions.

be sure to keep us updated on your progress.

oh, yeah, welcome to the show. :icon_teeth:

DKSDAD 02-18-2011 09:17 AM

Welcome from New York, good luck in your search and repaires.

JuneBugg 02-18-2011 12:01 PM

I live in Neosho, MO. I just bought a 95 Blazer 4x4 from a very good mechanic in Joplin. He's more or less a traveling mechanic. If you could email me or give some more info on how to contact you I could probably hook you up. He replaced all the injectors in my Blazer befor selling it to me. I was having an issue with my truck being stuck in 4low and he had it fixed yesterday within 2 hours. Awesomeness!!! Ive only had my Blazer for a week as of today and Im already in love. If theres some way you can contact me or vice-versa I have a phone number for you. I talked to the guy and he said he would help you out.

old skool luvr 02-18-2011 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by JuneBugg (Post 409991)
My email is xxxxxxxxxxxxx

you may want to remove your email form an actual post JuneBugg. it's a sure fire way to get spam, since anyone outside of the forum is able to see it.

JuneBugg 02-18-2011 06:06 PM

ahhhh, Thank You!!!! Good Lookin Out!!! I didn't even think about that.