New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Needing a Mechanic/Joplin Mo

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 09:40 AM
Starting Member
2 Door Blazer Babe is on a distinguished road
Red face

I joined this forum hoping to find a mechanic who will fix the fuel injector hoses on my 1994 Blazer 4.3. I can buy parts but have no money left for labor. So I need a mechanic in the Joplin Missouri area who will fix it for free or take payments. I've bought the hose assembly already from O'Reilly for 63 bucks and it comes in today (2/17/10).

In Dec 2009 a uninsured driver totaled her and it cost me every penny I had just to put her back on the road. He totaled everything from the fan to the bumper. He drove away while i watched my girl be towed on a flat bed. 3 days later when I went to OK looking for him he had moved and turned his cell phone off. Cops said he wasn't obligated to have insurance because of the way MO wrote their laws. But as of 8/28/10 ALL cars in Mo must have insurance. I got the law changed but it was too late for me.

I've just had a string of bad luck lately but I'm good for payments. I live in the middle of nowhere and have been stranded now for 2 weeks.

Is there anybody out there that will help me?

I uploaded her pictures. If I won a million bucks tomorrow I'd make her beautiful again instead of buy something new. That's how much I love my Blazer! :-)

Last edited by rriddle3; 02-17-2011 at 12:50 PM. Reason: COMBINING CONSECUTIVE THREADS
Old 02-17-2011, 12:34 PM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

If you can't find someone around you that will fix it. I'm sure we can give you some good directions on how to do it. There are plently of people here that have '94s and will know how to fix it, and if not there is always Autozone. They sometimes have some nice repair directions on their website.

Old 02-17-2011, 03:07 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ChevyBlazerChick
If you can't find someone around you that will fix it, I'm sure we can give you some good directions on how to do it.
bang on advice Kayla.

Blazer Babe, do a search through the DIY & 1st gen tech sections. there's a wealth of info in there for you. i'm almost positive there's even a specific '92 to '95 W-code injector replacement thread.

you never specifically said you have the Vortec (W-code) engine, but i've never come across anyone who needed to change the lines on a Z-code before.

a little more advice, include you location in your posting info, it'll make it easier for others to know where you are (found up here ^^ @ the upper right corner of each post). i know you included it in your OP, but it helps for future assistance questions.

be sure to keep us updated on your progress.

oh, yeah, welcome to the show.

Old 02-18-2011, 09:17 AM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Welcome from New York, good luck in your search and repaires.

Old 02-18-2011, 12:01 PM
JuneBugg is on a distinguished road

I live in Neosho, MO. I just bought a 95 Blazer 4x4 from a very good mechanic in Joplin. He's more or less a traveling mechanic. If you could email me or give some more info on how to contact you I could probably hook you up. He replaced all the injectors in my Blazer befor selling it to me. I was having an issue with my truck being stuck in 4low and he had it fixed yesterday within 2 hours. Awesomeness!!! Ive only had my Blazer for a week as of today and Im already in love. If theres some way you can contact me or vice-versa I have a phone number for you. I talked to the guy and he said he would help you out.

Last edited by JuneBugg; 02-18-2011 at 06:12 PM. Reason: removed email
Old 02-18-2011, 05:39 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by JuneBugg
My email is xxxxxxxxxxxxx

you may want to remove your email form an actual post JuneBugg. it's a sure fire way to get spam, since anyone outside of the forum is able to see it.

Old 02-18-2011, 06:06 PM
JuneBugg is on a distinguished road

ahhhh, Thank You!!!! Good Lookin Out!!! I didn't even think about that.