New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New To The Blazer Gang!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2020, 02:54 AM
OliDom100 is on a distinguished road
Red face New To The Blazer Gang!!

Hey what's up, my name is ANaLisa I'm from Denver Colorado, mommy of 2 kiddos, always looking at new ways to improve my recently purchased 2002 chevy blazer. I came across this page and decided to stay, since there's so much great info, and advice. I am always down to learn new things, even more now that I have a vehicle for my everyday life, which means I need to make sure its safe for my kiddos to be in. My Chevy, which is maroon, 4 door, 4WD, has a lot of miles added to her, since she is an older car, but the previous owner, did not do much maintenance to her, as in I don't think they did anything to keep her in tip top shape. I bought her for cheap, I needed a car, so why the hell not huh?? Welp, little did I know, the abs light, break light, and service engine soon light would be on. I replaced the front breaks on the front, and I recently replaced the rubber bearings in the front of my truck, she started making some noise that sounded like it was coming from the front passenger side, like the damn tire was going to fall off, or was flat. which didn't make sense cuz they are 4 brand new tires that the previous owner bought not to long ago, really nice, lets just say I paid for the tires, lol. Anywho, the truck is still making the noise and now I feel it on the bottom of my feet like a knocking sound, seems like something may be loose, or hitting against something, or idk. My car seems to click or pop when I turn the wheel to the far right when I turn, and sometimes when I turn right, my truck feels really off and unbalanced. When checking my codes, p3401 and p3500 come up, also says something about an 02 sensor. I feel like she is always stuck in 4WD. Idk what to do or what it could be.

Old 09-16-2020, 03:23 AM
go chevy is on a distinguished road

Hi there, welcome aboard The popping sound when you turn the wheel sounds 2 me like the ball joints are bad and or the wheel hub assembly is bad... I have a 98 Blazer LT 4x4 and am having similar issues as you are... I have recently replaced both front hub assemblys, both upper and lower ball joints on both sides. The tie rods ect look in good shape. I am still hearing a kinda rubbing sound coming from the front passenger side tire though... I am trying 2 figure out the problem.

Old 09-16-2020, 03:35 AM

Thank u!! Seems to me like its the pedal or my steering idk. I don't know anything about cars, lol. Just something is totally off. im trying not to pay an arm and a leg

Old 09-16-2020, 05:22 AM

I am not a mechanic by far lol... I do think you have bad ball joints though, popping kinda sound when making kinda sharp turns... The wub wub kinda sound I believe is the hub assembly... Might want 2 check your transfer case fluid and front differential fluid also, bet it needs changed by the way you talked about the previous owner

Old 09-16-2020, 05:26 AM

Hang in there though, there is a ton of great folks on here as you will soon see that have lots of tips and ideas. They have helped me keep my 98 running for a couple years now

Old 09-16-2020, 06:14 AM

good stuff!! definitely going to write what u said down so I can see about doing that this week thanks again!! Hope your ride gets a fix also and take care !

Old 09-16-2020, 06:36 AM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

An easy way to tell for ball joint and hub play, is to jack up the tire so it's just off the ground, if theres more then a 1/4 of wiggle room, then you got worn parts. Would look into tie rod ends, hubs and ball joints as previously said. The idler arm tends to go on these trucks.

but I'm with chevy on this, and sounds like ball joints/hub on passenger side.

and welcome to the forum!

Last edited by DonL; 09-16-2020 at 08:30 AM.
Old 09-16-2020, 06:59 AM

thanks so much, so its probably not a good idea to drive then huh?

Old 09-16-2020, 08:33 AM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

I wouldnt go hitting potholes and taking a nice scenic route up a mountain lol... but down the road and back kind of thing on pavement shouldn't be too bad. Not sure how bad it is. If your able to use the jack truck to lift the front passenger side, you should be able to see how much play there is. If theres a little, then you could be ok for a bit until further inspection, if theres close to an inch or more, I would prevent driving until fixed.

Old 09-16-2020, 11:22 AM
BF Veteran
Tom A will become famous soon enough

Welcome to the forum. You'll get tons of good advice and ideas here.

Quick Reply: New To The Blazer Gang!!