New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New from Carlisle, Pa

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 08:32 PM
Mighty Mouse is on a distinguished road
Default New from Carlisle, Pa

Just dropping in to say hi. I am in Carlisle Pa and I have a 90 K5, or what's left of it, that is a wheeler and I just picked up a 96 Blazer for a family hauler. I guess I am a Blazer junkie since I am on number 5. The 96 is my first S Blazer. I'm sure I will have a few questions on it. I don't have any real plans for it except some transmission upgrades and general maint. stuff. I do want to get a set of wheels for it too but haven't found much available for it. Anyhow on to a few pics.

Old 12-07-2010, 08:21 AM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Welcome from New York. I love the crawler you have there and you have one nice looking daily driver also.

Old 12-07-2010, 10:31 AM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

you go to Rausch Creek at all? Welcome from Harrisburg

Old 12-07-2010, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Benedict1337
you go to Rausch Creek at all? Welcome from Harrisburg
Yep, those are from RC.

Old 12-07-2010, 09:04 PM

This was what it looked like 2 days after Christmas last year. We got a call about doing the mag ride in November so we held off tear down untill after the ride. I about passed out when I was in Walmart and seen it on the cover. The Blazer is a ongoing project and always changes. The current rendition is the last. The frame is pretty hammered so at some point everything will just go into a new full tube chassis.

Old 12-07-2010, 09:05 PM
BF Veteran

Rausch Creek is still pretty rugged for me, last time I broke my idler arm and tie rod... I need to do a solid axle swap

Old 12-07-2010, 11:12 PM
foxxie is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the forum from New Zealand.
Sweet looking rigs.

Old 12-08-2010, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Benedict1337
Rausch Creek is still pretty rugged for me, last time I broke my idler arm and tie rod... I need to do a solid axle swap
What level trails were you running? All the pics posted we are on red trails. The top one is going up the crack on Crawler Ridge, the second one is the red line down Devels Den. The mag ride shot is on the comming out of the red section of Cemetery. We are on the parks staff and are at most of the events at the park. We also do 4 rock crawl demos at the Carlisle shows along with a few others. I am pretty lucky that my wife is into it too so I don't get to much flack over spending money on it. This is a pic of my wife having some fun and she will drive blindfolded. The bottom pic is a practice run blindfolded at Carlisle.

Old 12-08-2010, 12:27 PM
BF Veteran

I was riding mostly blues, I tried some blacks but it was pretty difficult with a 2 inch lift... and no locker in the rear. I'd either like to do an axle swap on my truck or get a truck with axles already on it that I can go rock crawling

Old 12-08-2010, 02:02 PM

With our screwed up laws I guess you're kinda limited. I'm not up on what swaps work but I would think Waggy D44's would work or even a D30 up front and a XJ D44 out back. I would love to have a street legal baby Blazer to hit some milder trails. The one I just got will not get anything done but buying another one is not out of the question.

Quick Reply: New from Carlisle, Pa