New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New to the forum

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 09:08 PM
BlazinBeam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New to the forum

Hello Everyone,

I am into Karting and needed a vehicle to tow my trailer. I wanted a S-10 Blazer way back in 96 when I had to settle for a S-10 P/U because I just could not afford one. Well when I was thinking what I wanted to get I decided on that S-10 I wanted a long time ago. For the most part the vehicle is pretty solid but the people who owned it before me did some really cheep and stupid things that I am working on correcting. So far everything has been able to be overcome. I am trying to get it back to stock and then I will decide what I want to do from there.

The Blazer is a 96 White 4x4 with a Blue interior. So far I have only cleaned the 12 years of grime from the truck and put things back the way they should be. Put the stock shackles and bushings back on the truck fix the sagging door hinges. next is replace the springs and shocks that the previous owner destroyed.

As far as modifications I am in the process of removing all the old rotting molding and getting this thing working as it did in 96.

PS: I am prety sure the piece of work that had the truck before me cranked up the torsion bars or do you think that is just sag in the rear. What is the standard ride hight of the front end?

*EDIT by swartlkk* - linked to image and displayed Photobucket's automatic thumbnail image. Please feel free to PM me for more details.

Old 06-30-2008, 09:22 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: New to the forum

First off, welcome to the forum!

Secondly, feel free to post your specific technical questions in the appropriate forum, you will get more answers that way.

Third, please try and keep pictures to 640x480 for future reference.

Again, welcome! Whereabouts are you from?

Old 07-01-2008, 12:26 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Welcome.

Old 07-01-2008, 06:45 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome!

I fixed your image so it links to the automatic thumbnail. I still have to rewrite the Image FAQ which was clipped when we had some site troubles. If you want to know what I did and why, just PM me!

Old 07-01-2008, 08:00 AM
BlazinBeam is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the welcome everyone. I planed on posting my suspension issue in the proper forum I just started typing and that is what came out. I will be PMing swartlkk to find out what he did to the images. I am guessing just resized them but maybe something else.

As far as me. I am from New Jersey and I race Sprint Karts. The blazer will not be a daily driver so the 120k miles it already has on the engine should not be that big of a problem. I will probibly only be putting a few thousand miles on it a year. I should be able to keep this truck for a very long time. I plan on fixing the exterior and interior up but first priority is to go through the entire truck mechanically and get that 100%. The guy that owned it before me appears to have been the master of rigging but not in a good "I can fabricate" kind of way. Fortunately for me it appears the all the key elements of the truck are still original and the other things that were done can be fixed up relatively easily.

Well thanks for the welcome and I am sure I will be looking for your help out there. I will supply what knowledge I learn from this project along the way.

Old 07-01-2008, 09:47 AM
cliro is an unknown quantity at this point

welcome to the forum.

Old 07-01-2008, 08:54 PM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the forum, glad to have you!!

Old 07-02-2008, 05:51 PM
blazin97 is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the site

Old 07-02-2008, 06:33 PM
redneck2725 is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome to the forum!!!

Old 07-03-2008, 01:36 PM
blazerlt01 is an unknown quantity at this point

welcoem glad to have you!