New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New to the fourm and need some advice on my possible blazer purchase.

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 06:08 PM
Beginning Member
tomtom9649 is on a distinguished road
Default New to the fourm and need some advice on my possible blazer purchase.

Hello everyone. Thanks for taking the time to review my post. I recently found a 2001 Blazer 2dr LS with 2wd at a local used car dealer. It has 96,000 miles on it. It seems to be running good, the body and the inside is nice and clean. He is selling it for $3,500. I just want to know if you guys think about the price and I would also like to know of any problems with the 2001 Blazer. Thanks.

Old 10-14-2009, 06:29 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

Now, before reading the next part and crapping your pants, understand that there would not BE a Blazer Forum if there were not loyal Blazer owners to populate it.

that being said, here is a link to 207 posts on why Blazers suck.

I point you to that because it is a plethera of information on common things to look out for. For my side of things I suggest running it to a local shop you are in good standing with for a thurough inspection. Seriously. If they are a good used dealer, they will understand. If they are stand-offish or defensive about it, I would steer clear of it. (Just me.) I have learned a lot (comparitivly) since buying my Blazer on a whim from a public-to-public lot If I could do it all again, I would do that.

Kelly Blue Book puts your target at $2,425 assuming good condition and standard package (power windows, single cd, etc) at trade in So that should give you a good idea what THEY paid out for the Blazer. Haggle your *** off. Don't be afraid to enlist the help of a cheap *** friend. Seriously. Low ball them. If they want to move the car, they will work with you. Here is where I got my #'s

GL and hope to see you and your Blazer on the new members page in the next few days

Old 10-14-2009, 07:03 PM
Nathan1991 is on a distinguished road

that seems like a good deal to me, as with any vehicle your gonna have problems eventually.
defiantly try and take it to a shop and get it inspected before you buy it, that way if there's some things that need to be done you can tell the salesman all the money your gonna have to spend after you buy it. even if its not necessary things you can use it to get his price down!
my 03 hasn't given me a problem since i bought it so im very optimistic about blazers lol

Old 10-14-2009, 09:01 PM
Biohazed is on a distinguished road

One thing about Blazers they can be a big pain, however for some reason you just gotta love them, I've had my 95 for about 3 years now and well I just can't bring myself to part with it, nor do I plan to even though the wife more than wants it gone, Granted i've probably spent more than book value three times over on repairs on it but you know I've owned many SUV type trucks and as far as I'm concerned they are the Best by far, and if I do sell my 95 it will be for another Blazer, so that should give you an idea, and in fact I needed a vehicle with more room and bought a K-5 Blazer ... and If I have my way I'll be a Blazer owner for life.

Old 10-14-2009, 09:18 PM
Beginning Member

Thanks guys for the quick reply. when i talked with the dealer and he said that the price includes full service to the vehicle and inspection. He said he will replace the tires,brakes, windshield (cause of a small chip in the middle) and a oil change. Also anything else that it needs. So i think that helps make the deal a little better. I really don't have enough money to buy anything else. Im only 17 and was just in a car accident about a month and a half ago. Some lady wasn't paying attention and drove through a yield sign. totaling my 96 Buick Lesabre. So i am only getting the value of the car, which is like $3,600. I really haven't found anything better. So hopefully it will be a good car for me. If you guys know any tricks and good tips that would be helpful. I think am going to look around for another week and make my decision.

Old 10-14-2009, 10:06 PM
BF Veteran

Full service meaning what? Oil/Lube/Fluid top Off/Plugs/Cap/Rotor/Wire/Air Oil transmission and Fuel Filter and Alignment?
New brakes/tires/windshield a nice bonus!

Still you are looking at about $500 worth of service there. Now that you have that going for you, start gouging the price down. and remember one more thing after you have the price down as low as he will go. Offer $300-$500 less IF you pay with cash in full. you could probably pull the car for $2,800-$3,000 with out trying to hard PLUS the servicing

With the extra cash you save will allow you to Seafoam, clean your EGR valve, drop some exhaust on her, maybe a CAI and 2" BL if you are frugal

Then find the biggest puddle you can and.....

Last edited by ABN31B; 10-14-2009 at 10:08 PM.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:47 PM
Beginning Member
ChevyRoad09 is on a distinguished road

Welcome from Georgia!

Old 10-15-2009, 05:31 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Welcome to the forum!

Old 10-15-2009, 02:56 PM
Beginning Member

Hey guys thanks for the warm welcome. Quick question how its this cold air intake system. Is there another one thats better. Were is a good online place to buy auto parts and accessories for the blazer.

Old 10-15-2009, 05:12 PM
BF Veteran

Well if you are seriously considering buying that Blazer, and want to get the most out of this Forum, learn search and search your *** off! There is literaly one metric **** ton of info on here. Most is but a search away....

As for the spectre that is a popular choice over most becuase of the heat shield included and price.

Look into the ebay intakes and the 3-6 threads on how to Fab your own heat shield. You can make it fit tighter, seal better, AND get a K&N cone filter for less than the spectre set up there.

$20-25 bucks for the CAI, chuck the filter, buy your own K&N, a little cardboard for your template, sheet metal/diamond plate, patience, some scews and mounts, and a basic concept of tool use and you can fab up a heat shield. Seriously, I managed and still have all 7 fingers i started with!

As for best place to get blazer parts (IMHO) your local junkyard and craigslist have most of what you need. Google will take you to Rock Auto a lot for OEM and Replacement parts, google will take you where ever your twisted mind can wander for accessories (depending on what you are looking for i.e. lowering, lifting, Pimping, audiophiling, mudding, camping,hunting,towing, etc). Epxplor! just dont buy and explorer...

Quick Reply: New to the fourm and need some advice on my possible blazer purchase.