New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New to the fourm and need some advice on my possible blazer purchase.

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 12:42 AM
foxxie is on a distinguished road

Welcome! from north Island of New Zealand.

Old 10-18-2009, 09:57 AM
Beginning Member
tomtom9649 is on a distinguished road

Hey Guys. Just to let you know i will most likely be getting the blazer. I test drove it the other day and it worked great. I really think its a great deal and should serve as a good vehicle for me. I just have a question. The blazer i am getting comes with one of those in dash dvd player/ radio / cd player/ mp3 players. I was just wondering if anyone knows how i can hook up a GPS to it. Thanks.

Old 10-18-2009, 12:13 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

Your best bet is to get the brand and model number and start a new thread in the audio/visual section. There are a bunch of system savvy guys that patrol those waters...

Old 10-18-2009, 07:12 PM
Beginning Member

Ok once i get the truck and look at the dvd player, i will start a new thread there.

Old 10-18-2009, 08:57 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by tomtom9649
Hello everyone. Thanks for taking the time to review my post. I recently found a 2001 Blazer 2dr LS with 2wd at a local used car dealer. It has 96,000 miles on it. It seems to be running good, the body and the inside is nice and clean. He is selling it for $3,500. I just want to know if you guys think about the price and I would also like to know of any problems with the 2001 Blazer. Thanks.
so, i read the rest of the thread, and was wondering what you're actually gonna pay for it? personally, i think it's too much.
i paid $2200 (Canadian) for my '98 LT-which has every available option ordered on it- and it had 98,000 miles on it when i got it in December of 2008.
regardless, when you get your new ride, hopefully you'll only have happy stories to share with the rest of us. GL with the buy.

Old 10-18-2009, 11:27 PM
BF Veteran

believe it or not, location dictates the value of your vehicles pretty heavily 'round these parts.

Where I am in oregon pulls a better price for my vehicle than it was worth when i KBB'd it in NC. I agree that $3.5k is too much, and I guess we never did hear if he got a better price.

Old 10-19-2009, 12:56 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ABN31B
believe it or not, location dictates the value of your vehicles pretty heavily 'round these parts.

Where I am in oregon pulls a better price for my vehicle than it was worth when i KBB'd it in NC. I agree that $3.5k is too much, and I guess we never did hear if he got a better price.
by how much?

considering he only said last night that he was going to get the truck, he didn't say when. we'll see what he has to post.

oh yeah, how's the truck coming along? is it gonna be ready for today? what did the isurance say regarding the parts failure?

Old 10-19-2009, 01:25 PM
BF Veteran

KKB NC, Zip 28310 My vehicle the day I bought it was $3,515, private party, Fair Condition.
Here in the Portland area, the vehicles sell in the low to mid 4's. not a HUGE difference, BUT desireability of a small 4wd SUV trumps the VALUE. Supply and demand I guess?

Don't get me wrong, I would be surprised as hell to get any where near that much for my ride. i think i could pull 2.5-2.8k after putting the new door on. <-- which is what i think you should be able to get yours for if not a little more because of the maintenace thing they are going to do for you.

As for my ride i'll post in my honda thread. (after posting about my ride here... )

Old 10-19-2009, 01:53 PM
BF Guru

Originally Posted by ABN31B
KKB NC, Zip 28310 My vehicle the day I bought it was $3,515, private party, Fair Condition.
Here in the Portland area, the vehicles sell in the low to mid 4's. not a HUGE difference, BUT desireability of a small 4wd SUV trumps the VALUE. Supply and demand I guess?

Don't get me wrong, I would be surprised as hell to get any where near that much for my ride. i think i could pull 2.5-2.8k after putting the new door on. <-- which is what i think you should be able to get yours for if not a little more because of the maintenace thing they are going to do for you.

As for my ride i'll post in my honda thread. (after posting about my ride here... )
was that directed @ me?

Old 10-19-2009, 02:26 PM
Beginning Member

Hey guys. Yea 3,500 may be a little much. i may be able to get him down a little, but he is going to give the truck a complete look over and replace the brakes, windshield, tires and anything else that it really needs. He will be doing around 500+ dollars of work on it (not including labor). So thats were it makes the 3,500 a little better. I most likely will be getting it in between the end of this week to the middle of the next week.

Quick Reply: New to the fourm and need some advice on my possible blazer purchase.