New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New guy in Buffalo, NY

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 10:28 AM
Beginning Member
JeremyNYR is on a distinguished road
Default New guy in Buffalo, NY

Hey everyone!
I've been checking out your forum for the past week or two and have learned some good stuff so far. I currently drive a G6 but have been thinking about making the switch to an SUV for a while and a great opportunity just fell into my lap. My good friend's father has a 1996 4-door Blazer that the tranny just went on and he replaced it with a Jeep. I really liked his Blazer and he was just going to donate it as-is for a tax deduction. So now I'm going to buy it off of him for $500 and swap in a used transmission. This also gets me out of having a car payment, which will be pretty nice too! So I'll be looking it over more closely next week (it's a good distance away right now) and I'll almost certainly be bringing it home to repair. It's 4WD, black exterior with silver trim along the bottom, black/dark gray leather interior and overhead console. I'll be sure to post pictures after checking it out again in person.

Also, I'm not new to working on cars. I've done a complete build and lots of modifications on my 1984 Trans Am. It has an LT1/T56 out of a 95 Z28 and it just got repainted this past year. Pardon the rims, they're junkers that were on for the paint shop. I just got new rims and am getting tires for them now.

on the hood bulge:

Last edited by JeremyNYR; 03-25-2010 at 10:34 AM.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:35 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome!

Old 03-25-2010, 11:27 AM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Nice t/a and good buy on the blazer! good luck with the repairs

Old 03-25-2010, 11:51 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

Welcome! Sweet T/A.

Old 03-25-2010, 11:29 PM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Welcome from New Zealand.

Old 03-26-2010, 12:00 AM
foxxie is on a distinguished road

Another warm welcome from New Zealand.
Dito on the sweet looking T/A.

Old 03-26-2010, 07:23 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Welcome to the forum from Canada!

VERY nice T/A!!

Old 03-26-2010, 07:36 AM
Beginning Member
JeremyNYR is on a distinguished road

Thanks guys! I love the international participation here. Foxxie, your sig pic is awesome.

I can't believe how excited I'm getting about picking up and fixing this Blazer! I used to drive my father's 93 Explorer pretty often when I was just out of high school back in '98-2000 and it was cool, but the gas cost was rough on me at the time and I didn't really have a need to haul stuff around (not to say that the dark tinted windows and roomy back seat didn't come in handy a few times). Now i have an easier time paying for the gas and now that I own a house I find myself taking almost weekly trips to Home Depot and Lowe's. It'll also be great for hauling hockey equipment and taking hunting trips. Oh and I'll probably throw in a tight to the right side in the back to add to the enjoyment

Old 03-26-2010, 09:24 AM
Unlimitedsp is on a distinguished road

Sweet T/A and cant beat a $500 blazer. WElcome From Pennsylvania

Old 03-26-2010, 09:36 AM
BlazerGuy2001 is on a distinguished road

Welcome from the metro Detroit area!! Beautiful t/a!!

Quick Reply: New guy in Buffalo, NY