New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New guy in KY

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 11:58 PM
Beginning Member
99blazernky is on a distinguished road
Default New guy in KY

Hey everyone! My name is Russ and I just wanted to introduce myself to the site. I bought a 1999 Blazer LT from my dad last January. I hadn't done anything to it because I wasn't planing on keeping it long but have since fell in love with my Blazer and hoping it will be in the family for years to come. The only thing I had done was install an Alpine CDA-9884 cd/mp3 player and a K&N air filter.

My audio plans include to replace the door speakers with probably Polk Audios and adding a JL Audio 10W3 10" sub in the back. Im just going with one because I just want to round out the sound - not scare the neighbors cat.

I am getting the Spectre Performance 9901 - cold air intake system in a couple weeks. EDIT: 1/19/10 - Ordered a CAI from eBay that comes with a K&N filter.

Other mods I'm looking towards are Cragar soft 8's in black, Flowmaster 40 series muffler, replacing shocks all the way around with something like Bilsteins, a JET power-flo mass air flo sensor, ACCEL super coils, and an ACCEL 300+ digital ignition.

Took the trans-dapt performance swirl-torque TBI spacer out of the mods to do after advice and reading up on it. Thanks for the info!!

I'll be checking out the site for other ideas as well. Being married with two kids still living at home though these are once a month projects. Overtime pays for the goodies. LOL If there's something that you think would work better than what I have listed please feel free to let me know. I look forward to any and all the help I can get.

I'll be posting pics as I go along. I know she's dirty but I'll be cleaning her soon.

Last edited by 99blazernky; 01-19-2010 at 12:15 PM.
Old 01-13-2010, 12:05 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

A newb with PICS!

Welcome to the forum!

first things first: a man with a plan! good stuff! one thing to knock off your list and aim the cash at anything else is the "trans-dapt performance swirl-torque TBI spacer, "

you do not need, or want, a throttle body spacer on your VORTEC. it will do nothing but make your plenum fit a little worse and possibly cause your hood to rest on it

search "throttle body spacer" and see what i mean.

Old 01-13-2010, 06:40 AM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ABN31B
A newb with PICS!

Welcome to the forum!

first things first: a man with a plan! good stuff! one thing to knock off your list and aim the cash at anything else is the "trans-dapt performance swirl-torque TBI spacer, "

you do not need, or want, a throttle body spacer on your VORTEC. it will do nothing but make your plenum fit a little worse and possibly cause your hood to rest on it

search "throttle body spacer" and see what i mean.
He said it ^.^ welcome!

Old 01-13-2010, 06:47 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Wow...a newb with pics AND plans!! That doesn't happen too often lol.

Welcome to the forum from Canada!

Old 01-13-2010, 12:10 PM
Beginning Member
jonnyisback is on a distinguished road

Hey another ky guy!

So where bouts are you located?

Old 01-13-2010, 08:39 PM
Unlimitedsp is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Sisk
Wow...a newb with pics AND plans!! That doesn't happen too often lol.

Welcome to the forum from Canada!
lol so true.

Welcome from Pennsylvania

Old 01-14-2010, 12:22 AM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by jonnyisback
Hey another ky guy!

So where bouts are you located?
In Paris close to Lexington. You?

Old 01-14-2010, 11:45 AM
Beginning Member
jonnyisback is on a distinguished road

im about 15 miles from bardstown, ~50 miles west of lexington.

Old 01-14-2010, 11:16 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by jonnyisback
im about 15 miles from bardstown, ~50 miles west of lexington.
Cool. We moved here from Bardstown around 3 1/2 years ago.

Old 01-15-2010, 12:56 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Welcome from New Zealand.

Quick Reply: New guy in KY