New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New guy from New Jersey

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2011 | 09:27 AM
|
Starting Member
Debonair is on a distinguished road
Default New guy from New Jersey

hey all, my name is Billy and i'm from central jersey.

though i have no blazer now, i plan on getting one as soon as i pay off my camaro, specifically looking for K5s (possibly one with the removable cap.) until then i may just lurk a lot but hope to get as much info as i can.

right now i drive a 2000 Camaro SS and i have a 1984 Z28 that i'm thinking about getting rid of for the blazer.

Last edited by Debonair; 01-07-2011 at 01:09 PM.
Old 01-07-2011 | 11:26 AM
atvwarrior will become famous soon enough

Welcome hopefully you find what you are looking for. Good luck on finding the k5 you want , I had a 72 fully convertable with a 350 and I cant say how much I loved that truck . Now I have a 94 s10 blazer and that is a fun ride to .

Old 01-07-2011 | 01:08 PM
|
Starting Member

thanks i see a fair amount on craigslist for cheapish, hopefully theres some around when i'm ready to buy.

i've always loved blazers, i then branched out to Silverados and Sierras but now bounced back to blazers.

Old 01-07-2011 | 03:19 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Welcome from New York. Good luck in your search.

Old 01-09-2011 | 11:15 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

welcome to the show brother.

Originally Posted by Debonair
though i have no blazer now, i plan on getting one as soon as i pay off my camaro, specifically looking for K5s (possibly one with the removable cap.) until then i may just lurk a lot but hope to get as much info as i can.
are you looking for a fully removable top? 'cause those '73 through '75 trucks are getting extremely hard to find. you do know that all of the K5's had the removable half-cab design (or cap if you prefer) after '76.

Old 01-09-2011 | 11:43 AM
|
Starting Member

hmm no i did not know that, till now (thanks wikipedia) . i suppose now i'm looking for a later 80s then, i want one with a full cab, and the cap starts after the seats

Old 01-09-2011 | 10:46 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

so then anything after '76 will fit your need.

and a little FYI even though the trucks look the same from '73 through '91, there are actually 2 different gen's in there. '73 to '80 have the same cab/fender configuration (although the '80 model is a 1 year only for grill/HL's), and the '81 to '91 share the same cab/fenders.

go for a search through the K5 section, there's a ton of info for you in there.

besides.......troll around here long enough and you'll get to meet Kyle (swartlkk) he's our local HD of info. on both the little & big Blazers.

Old 01-10-2011 | 11:27 AM
|
Starting Member

awesome thanks a lot, now i'm itching to get one even more

Old 01-10-2011 | 05:49 PM
BF Guru

no problem, it's what i do.

Old 01-11-2011 | 12:22 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

welcome

Quick Reply: New guy from New Jersey