New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New guy with a new to me 99 blazer 4x2

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008 | 08:43 PM
wmartinlsmith is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New guy with a new to me 99 blazer 4x2

SoI picked up a 99 chevy blazer... For 1500$...I got effed in the A.. Thought it was a good deal.. Read the story..

I put new tires on her and a new radio.. God I love Pioneer..

Engine.
So we thought it had a bad injector.. It had asmall miss.. Than as it was getting repaired it wentbeing bad valve.. Than whenthe heads came offit revieled this.

Head

So a 300$ job turned into a 1800-2000$ motor.. The new one has 50,000miles and is as clean as a whistle.. And will have all new seals... so it will be like a new truck..

So thats my new truck story.. Hope to have better pics when I get the tint finished and rallye stripes on over next week...
Gonna do black rallye stripes over the white.. And tint the front windows to match the rest..

Bill

Old 03-15-2008 | 08:45 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: New guy with a new to me 99 blazer 4x2

Wow! Truck looks great, but that motor looked HORRIBLE inside!! Glad you got it turned around though.

Welcome!!

Old 03-15-2008 | 09:44 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

What exactly happened to the first motor??

Old 03-15-2008 | 09:45 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like oil sludge buildup. Neglect, pure and simple.

Old 03-15-2008 | 09:47 PM
Starting Member
Yooper is an unknown quantity at this point

The Ride looks nice, but as we all know looks can be decieving. Glad you made lemonade out of those lemons. I am fairly new here myself, but welcome.

Old 03-15-2008 | 10:23 PM

ORIGINAL: WolfPack

What exactly happened to the first motor??
Pure and simple. neglect... Whomever owned this truck before me did nothing to it.. Changing your oil is the cheapest preventitive maintenance item you can do.

Oil is the life blood of your motor, not only does it lubricate the moving parts of your motor,it removes all the carbon blow bythat occurs when combustion happens.. That's why it gets dirty.. oil really doesnt go bad it just gets dirty (on some rare occasions when a motor runs outside of the proper heat range it begins to break down but still will continue to lubricate)... and dirt builds up causing sludging like you see here..

2nd Thing you can do to help your vehicle is the brakes.. They are extremely easy to do and will save your life or lives of others.

Bill

Old 03-15-2008 | 10:50 PM
tx78k5blazer is an unknown quantity at this point

hey man... know the feeling... my 800 dollar 78 K5 blazer turned into a 350 dollar radiator, plugs, belts and labor fee... so like i've said before...

78 K5 Blazer 4X4- $800
Belts, plugs, radiator, and labor - $350
the stories i've got after owning it 2 days... priceless....

now i'm in for oil, brakes, horn, rear view mirror, and i'm gonna be in for a lot of other things... but it's all good...

Old 03-16-2008 | 01:28 AM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the forum, glad to have you!! Feel bad about your motor but glad its getting turned around nicely!!

Old 03-16-2008 | 08:22 AM
prozach1988 is an unknown quantity at this point

that suck about the motor since the truck is so nice but welcome

Old 03-16-2008 | 08:28 AM

Thank you all for your wonderful comments.I hope to have this be a head turner sooner or later.. She's gonna be a D.D. with attitude.. Bill

Quick Reply: New guy with a new to me 99 blazer 4x2