New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New guy from So Cal

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 09:13 PM
1Psycho is on a distinguished road
Default New guy from So Cal

What's up guys?

Name's Adam from Orange County, California. Currently have a '79 k5 that I picked up for $1k and love it! Wish it didn't have as much rust as it does but I'm not complaining haha. Love working on cars and driving em, always wanted a k5 and this one fit the bill. I currently have this and a '98 Firebird Formula that I've been all over the place with. Past cars have included a lifted crew cab '97 silver ado with 37" Dirt Grips, 8 inch lift, etc etc, an '02 mustang gt with a bunch of stuff, and a '66 chevelle that I miss every day of my life. Blazer is a '79 with a 350 and a th350. Has what I think is a 2 inch lift, Rancho shocks, 31" BFG All Terrains, an NP203 with part time conversion, locking hubs, flow master, and lots and lots of dreams! haha..look forward to getting some knowledge, sharing some knowledge, and who knows..maybe even 'goin wheeling with some of you!

Old 03-06-2012, 09:37 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Originally Posted by 1Psycho
What's up guys?

Name's Adam from Orange County, California. Currently have a '79 k5 that I picked up for $1k and love it! Wish it didn't have as much rust as it does but I'm not complaining haha. Love working on cars and driving em, always wanted a k5 and this one fit the bill. I currently have this and a '98 Firebird Formula that I've been all over the place with. Past cars have included a lifted crew cab '97 silver ado with 37" Dirt Grips, 8 inch lift, etc etc, an '02 mustang gt with a bunch of stuff, and a '66 chevelle that I miss every day of my life. Blazer is a '79 with a 350 and a th350. Has what I think is a 2 inch lift, Rancho shocks, 31" BFG All Terrains, an NP203 with part time conversion, locking hubs, flow master, and lots and lots of dreams! haha..look forward to getting some knowledge, sharing some knowledge, and who knows..maybe even 'goin wheeling with some of you!
Welcome from North Carolina!

Can't wait to see some pics of this K5 beast!

Old 03-06-2012, 10:17 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Welcome from New York, cant wait to see some pics.

Old 03-06-2012, 10:19 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Welcome from Utah.

Old 03-06-2012, 10:30 PM
gojorg has a spectacular aura aboutgojorg has a spectacular aura about

Welcome from New Jersey

Old 03-06-2012, 11:02 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Welcome from NY

Old 03-07-2012, 07:49 AM
Beginning Member
02ZR2Treads is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the party..

Old 03-08-2012, 09:56 PM
Beginning Member
K5-Mike is on a distinguished road

Greetings from San Diego. You ever come down to the Anza-Borrego let me know. It's a great park. They allow rough camping most anywhere with fires as long as they're in a container. I've camped out there a couple times. If you take out the back seat, a full size inflatable fits great in the back perfectly.

Old 03-09-2012, 08:48 AM
1Psycho is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by K5-Mike
Greetings from San Diego. You ever come down to the Anza-Borrego let me know. It's a great park. They allow rough camping most anywhere with fires as long as they're in a container. I've camped out there a couple times. If you take out the back seat, a full size inflatable fits great in the back perfectly.
Thanks everyone! I'm sure I'll be down there eventually, nothin like a good desert trip and it sounds pretty nice down there. No kidding? Thanks for the tip! haha..anyways, here's some pictures of it as of right now..

HUNGRRYYY!!!!

Old 03-09-2012, 03:24 PM
Beginning Member
K5-Mike is on a distinguished road

Nice pictures. Looks like you got a decent ride at a great price. If you goto YouTube and search for Anza-Borrego, there are some good trail videos. My next outing, I'm going to try the Del Diablo. If your serious about Offroading in Southern California, I highly recommend you pick up a book called "Guide to Southern California Backroads & 4-Wheel Drive Trails" by Charles A. Wells. It's a great book. I never hit the trails without it. The writer actually rides the trails before writing about them.

Quick Reply: New guy from So Cal