New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New guy in town

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 02:51 PM
Starting Member
elementalnature is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New guy in town

Hey guys! I'm the new guy. I just purchased my first vehicle. A 94 Chevrolet Blazer LT. It has the 6 cylinder vortec engine. It also has 120 K miles on it. What should look for in things that might be a problem in the future?

Old 03-22-2008, 03:17 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road
Default RE: New guy in town

Welcome to the forum!!! Not sure about the quirky things about the first generation blazers,,, Thats pretty good mileage to find on a 94.

Old 03-22-2008, 05:19 PM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the forum, glad to have you!! I would start out by inspecting every aspect of the vehicle like wiring and undercarriage apperance <-- look for broken or loose wires and also for the undercarriage check for excessive rust and corrosion. Just a few things that come to my mind!!

Old 03-22-2008, 05:53 PM
972DRBLAZER is an unknown quantity at this point

welcome

Old 03-22-2008, 10:27 PM
Starting Member

Thanks for the welcome guys So far everything runs great. The guy who sold it to me was a close friend at a dealership and we had previously bought cars from him. He's already replaced the heating coil and I think a few window motors. I have all of the receipts for everything and a manual for it. I absolutely love my truck. But I can't help but hate the fact that there is no RPM gauge. Any recommendations?

Old 03-22-2008, 11:43 PM
Jharper is infamous around these partsJharper is infamous around these parts

Welcome, lets see some pics

Old 03-23-2008, 12:06 AM
Bigtimefball87 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey another guy with a '94! Welcome! Is yours aFull size,and if yes aSport package?

Anyway, beware of the fuel lines and your fuel pump. My dad and I have the exact same model trucks (1994 Blazer Full Size Sports), and his went on him at around 130,000. Mine had already been replaced when I bought the truck. I have 180,000 on mine.(However, the guy who owned my truck before me thought it was the engine that was going and not the fuel lines and pump. He ordered a brand new engine and had it replaced. I can't imagine how pissed he must have been when he found out it was only the fuel lines and pump, and not the engine. Oh well, new engine for me!!![8D])

Anyway, the fuel lines turn to swiss cheese after a while. If they haven't been replaced yet I would get the pump and fuel lines checked. Take care and have fun with your truck I know you'll love it!

Old 03-23-2008, 12:59 AM
cliro is an unknown quantity at this point

welcome

Old 03-23-2008, 07:41 AM
prozach1988 is an unknown quantity at this point

welcome to the forum hope we can help you with all your problems

Old 03-23-2008, 11:24 AM
Starting Member

http://deviouselement.deviantart.com...lazer-80784263

Hehe here you guys go. I removed the Bug Guard and epoxy covering it because it was broken. I'll get another to throw on there. Also, what mods interior and exterior are you guys using? I'm really wanting to replace that instrument cluster from speedo to fuel gauge. Any ideas?

Quick Reply: New guy in town