New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New here.

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 01:04 PM
Lon
Beginning Member
Lon is on a distinguished road
Default New here.

Another new guy to the forums. I have an 87 S-10 Blazer with a V-8 swapped in. This is the second time I have owned the Blazer and I dont plan on letting it go this time. I have a serious truck addiction, my other trucks are: 84 GMC Sierra, 90 Silverado and a 93 Astro van.

Old 05-25-2009, 01:24 PM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

Welcome, got pics??

Old 05-25-2009, 01:48 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

x2 on the pics...we like pics here

And Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you here. I'm with you on the truck addiction...it's my first Truck, but I'm already hooked and will probably have to have one for the rest of my life lol.

Old 05-25-2009, 01:50 PM
Lon
Beginning Member

This is pretty ugly. Pics may scare people. I bought this from an auction. It was a former Florida government vehicle, it still has the coax and some wiring left over from the lights and other equipment. The first time I owned the Blazer it had a 4 cylinder and an auto. After 3 months of use the engine died. My nieghbor had just wrecked his 93 Blazer with a Vortec V-6. I bought the wrecked Blazer and started the swap. My other neighbor wanted it more than me and bought it. It sat in his field for a year when yet another neighbor bought it. He swapped in the V-8 from another wrecked S-10 Blazer and let it sit. A week ago he approached me about buying it back. I turned him down at first but decided I really wanted it back. I had to sell the parts van I bought to fix my wife's Astro but I got my V-8 Blazer. I was told that it had a 350 and a t400 trans. When I swapped the intake, I discovered I had an older block, I ran the numbers and found out I had a 283 from about 1965. Looking at the trans I knew from the Astros I have owned that I had a 700r4, possibly the stock V-6 trans.

Here's the pics. I have a new intake and cleaned up the engine bay a little. I wil post more pics when I get them. The wheels that are on it in these pics are gone. I have a set of Iroc 16s on it and I plan on finding some ZQ8 or Xtreme springs to lower it with.

Attached Thumbnails New here.-tn_dsc00160.jpg   New here.-tn_dsc00162.jpg   New here.-tn_dsc00164.jpg  
Old 05-25-2009, 01:56 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Looks like it will eventually be an awesome ride! What about pics of your wife's Astro? I'm curious to see this lowered astro. lol

Old 05-25-2009, 02:03 PM
Lon
Beginning Member

The Astro. It really doesnt look like anything special. My wife wrecked it the same weekend I lowered it. After the wreck I didnt feel like going any further with it. Also the wheels I wanted on it. These were on my Silverado when I bought it.

Attached Thumbnails New here.-tn_image000.jpg   New here.-tn_imgp0439.jpg   New here.-tn_imgp0441.jpg   New here.-tn_imgp0458.jpg  
Old 05-25-2009, 02:07 PM
Lon
Beginning Member

And because my other trucks are picture ******, and get jealous.

Attached Thumbnails New here.-l_e3e02084be324fbfa7d68bb1369efd7b.jpg   New here.-tn_imgp0445.jpg  
Old 05-25-2009, 02:08 PM
BF Veteran

Cool. The damage doesn't look all that bad though. Mostly just frontal cosmetic stuff.
I meant to ask too, does that blazer run right now? or is it purely a project truck?

Old 05-25-2009, 02:15 PM
Lon
Beginning Member

It runs. Barely. The trans isnt hooked up right, there is an electrical connector that isnt plugged in so it shifts funny. Also I cant get a full twevle or more volts from the amp gauge. I have a new battery, but a lot of the wiring had been hacked and stretched. The previous owner has a new hood for it and a friend has a 93 grill, neithe of which has shown up. I have a lot of little nagging problems I want to address before going long distances in it.

I have owned a lot of S-10s and the guy I bought this from also had my first S-10. Which had a smashed hood. Somehow the S-10 went to the junkyard and this Blazer got it's smashed hood.

Old 05-25-2009, 02:45 PM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Welcome from New Zealand.

Nice project you've got there. Now ... if I could get trucks on the cheap, and with a workshop/garage like that ... I'd love to do a resto project.

Quick Reply: New here.