New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New in Kentucky

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 11:34 PM
mikeeuro is on a distinguished road
Default New in Kentucky

Like the title says I live in Kentucky, near the Louisville area. I don't currently own a blazer, but I do have a 1985 GMC S15 and a 1994 S10 SS. The 85 is pretty much a show truck I'm working on, bought it from a friend after he sold the drivetrain out of it, so I'm workin on putting a 4.3 vortec out of a 95 blazer into it, along with the rearend out of a 2000 blazer with the disc brakes under it. It has a lot of work done already, air ride, suicide doors, shaved handles, body lines, and quarter windows. The 94 is a actual SS, not one that someone put the emblems on and claims to have a SS, currently it's lowered 4/5, and has a camero flowmaster exhaust on it. If you have any questions about anything, feel free to ask. Just hope this forum is more grown up acting then some of the S10 ones I've been on.

Old 03-23-2009, 11:35 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome!

Old 03-24-2009, 01:46 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

You've found the right place. Of course, there is another...

Old 03-24-2009, 06:24 AM
oisinirish is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome.

Old 03-25-2009, 12:53 AM
Beginning Member
Turbojustin is on a distinguished road

welcome

Old 04-04-2009, 11:49 PM
stevo is an unknown quantity at this point

hey man, im from ky too, near louisville some of the time
i have never seen a ss s10
pics?

Old 04-05-2009, 03:02 PM

I go up to Louisville several times during the summer for shows and cruises. Really the only difference on the outside is the badges and the front air dam has the fog lights in it, and the grill is painted the same color as the rest of the truck. Most of the difference is it has the high output vortec motor and has a limited slip rearend.

Old 04-05-2009, 03:03 PM

ok the image thing didn't seem to work, here's the link to a pic of the SS http://www.flickr.com/photos/25630060@N07/3415775464/

Old 04-05-2009, 03:12 PM
stevo is an unknown quantity at this point

nice lookin truck man, is that the original color?

found the answer to that on here

http://www.s-series.org/ss/history.html

looks very similar to the color of my truck

your color is apple red, and mine is victory red
just found that out

Last edited by stevo; 04-05-2009 at 03:17 PM.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:31 PM

Thanks, yeah that's the original color. Thinking about getting it repainted sometime, has a few spots that need fixed, plus I'm putting a cowl induction hood on it that would need to be painted. probably going to keep it the same red but maybe add some flake to it just to stand out some.
I think I checked that site out before, still trying to figure out how they think it's great at red lights, cause mine sucks, once I'm going it's good but taking off it seems slow to me. Maybe it's because I'm not flooring it everytime, but it will spin the tires and get sideways if I really get on it.

Quick Reply: New in Kentucky