New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New from Manitoba, Canada

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 11:09 AM
cjcocn is on a distinguished road
Default New from Manitoba, Canada

Hello all.

Found a parking lot post with my F250 PSD so I needed a vehicle while my diesel was in the shop. I wanted a gasser anyway, just didn't plan on getting one this early.

On Saturday I ended up with a '96 Blazer 4x4. Small enough to be easier on fuel and the 4x4 still gives me some options.

Still figuring out what needs attention, but am starting out with fluid changes, shocks, spark plugs, and lower ball joints and an idler arm.

It rides nice as it is, so we'll see how much smoother it gets with some new suspension parts.

That's about it for now. Doing a lot of reading, especially the tech info. This forum has a lot of good info and will be a great asset since I do pretty much all of my own work.

Old 04-28-2010, 03:06 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the Forum.

Old 04-29-2010, 07:14 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Welcome to the forum from Nova Scotia

Old 04-29-2010, 08:47 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

makes a big difference when you replace the shocks and welcome from Pennsylvania

Old 04-29-2010, 08:49 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Welcome from Ontario!

Old 04-29-2010, 11:18 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

welcome to the show, from another Ontarian.

Old 04-30-2010, 06:31 AM

Thanks for the welcome!

I like forums that have a healthy Canadian contingent. It is especially useful when looking for parts sources, etc.

The shocks, plugs, and idler arm get changed today, and that should wrap up my immediate maintenance and repair chores for now.

Next month I'll be in the city and will get my transmission fluid flushed by a shop, but until then I will gather up the necessary fluids and change the other fluids myself (diffs, transfer case, etc.).

I still have a lot more reading to do and I am on dial-up here at home so I'd best get to reading.

Last edited by cjcocn; 04-30-2010 at 07:01 AM.
Old 05-03-2010, 01:37 AM
foxxie is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the forum from New Zealand.

Old 05-08-2010, 11:27 PM
Beginning Member
MB4x4 is on a distinguished road

Welcome from East Manitoba! Do you know of any good junkyards in Winnipeg that have Blazers?

Old 05-09-2010, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by MB4x4
Welcome from East Manitoba! Do you know of any good junkyards in Winnipeg that have Blazers?
Hi, East Manitoba!

Sorry, I don't know of any junk yards in Wpg at all. I think there's an online database for wreckers. It searches for the parts (or vehicles?) that you enter and lists the wreckers that have the parts.

I can't recall what site that was, but I will try and look it up this week from work.

Quick Reply: New from Manitoba, Canada