New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New member from the Dominican Republic

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2017, 07:18 AM
Beginning Member
jdjonesdr is on a distinguished road
Default New member from the Dominican Republic

Hi guys,

My name is James and I'm an American who lives in Santo Domingo in the Dominican Republic.

I've always wanted a 2 door Blazer ever since I first saw one many years ago because I'm a big guy.

I never came across one here in the DR (rare as hen's teeth), so I did the next best thing and bought a 2 door Cherokee XJ a few years back
A couple of years ago, I ran across a 2 door Mitsubishi Montero Sport, so I convinced the owner to let it go. Nice truck, but not my favorite by far.

Then one day I saw a 2 door Toyota Prado, liked it and bought it on the spot. Another nice truck. Has the 4 cylinder non turbo diesel engine that gets 40+ to the gallon if you're light footed.

I was liking these two door trucks! So now I have 3 2 door 4 x 4 trucks.

A couple of days ago I'm driving down the street and see a white 1994 Blazer. The owner had stuck 20' Tahoe rims on it, and of course it handled like a tank. He was in a bad mood because he was having problems with the LP gas setup and the Radio had conked out (God forbid) He wasn't happy, that's for sure.

I asked him if he wanted to sell it. He said make me an offer. I offered $3500. He said do you have cash and now I have a 94 Blazer.

It needs some minor details addressed, but he just had it painted and it pretty much looks like a new truck.

First things first - I'm going to track down some factory rims and wheels and get rid of the Tahoe monsters. Throw on some Yokohama 265's or something similar. Not sure what tires it's supposed to have yet.

I hope to make some friends on here - I'll be needing some parts, help and guidance in the future.

Any questions about this corner of the world.. fire away! I threw up some pics so you can see how she looks..
I know ya'll are good folks, after all, you've got a Blazer!!! LOL

Last edited by jdjonesdr; 10-13-2017 at 08:22 AM.
Old 10-13-2017, 08:24 AM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

Welcome to the forum. Hopefully we can help you with your questions.