New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New member from Northern Calif

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 11:31 AM
splat55 is on a distinguished road
Default New member from Northern Calif

Hey Gang,
Just wanted to say hi. We live in the foot hills of the Sierra Nevada mts. This is our first '04 Blazer although we've owned a '94 and an '02 Bravada and a number of full size Blazers, all pre '73. Have been building and putting old GM sheet metal back on the road for almost 40 years...yeah, that means I'm an " old guy".......56 years old but still love getting old GM vehicles up and running again. Right now my daughter and I are in the midst of building a '39 Pontiac Deluxe 8 touring sedan. Sounds pretty mellow, right? Well, it's already got a mustang II and R&P steering, big block 402, 4L60, Disc brakes all the way around and more....but still a ways off from being on the road. Will be posting some pics of most of our vehicles from the last 10 years. Anyway, I will also be looking for hints, tricks and the most inexpensive way to lift our Blazer a couple of inches...to help with getting a little larger tire under it. Any ideas or manufacturers of body lifts for our '04 are appreciated. Hope to get a chance to talk to a few of you guys that have already done the small lift on your Blazer and get a lot of info here and share anything I might have to share.

Attached Thumbnails New member from Northern Calif-1400-2.jpg  
Old 10-05-2011, 11:42 AM
Dweeberman is on a distinguished road

Welcome! I live in sac right off highway 50 and i80! cant wait to see pictures of current build on that 39!

Old 10-05-2011, 11:53 AM

Hey Dweeberman,
Thanks for the welcome....I appreciate it! We are off the 50 as well......between
P-ville and Pollock Pines. Hey, so is there a link to a folder here...maybe in " my account " that I can post pics of my vehicles?

Old 10-05-2011, 12:56 PM
Dweeberman is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by splat55
Hey Dweeberman,
Thanks for the welcome....I appreciate it! We are off the 50 as well......between
P-ville and Pollock Pines. Hey, so is there a link to a folder here...maybe in " my account " that I can post pics of my vehicles?
Depends on waht you mean ...you should have a garage album which is where is you put in what vehicles you have with a few pitcures. Or you can create an album on your profile that you can upload pictures to as well. Now if you are wanting to show off a "build" then you would want to post a new thread in the build section showing off your vehicles and the progress of what you have done to them. Now if you are just showing pictures of your cars then go to the "Sights n Sounds" and post that route. If you have Flickr or a photbucket account it will be easier to post pictures that way as long as they are within the size limit (roughly around 640x480 or vice versa). hopefully this helps a little bit

Old 10-05-2011, 01:30 PM

I guess I have a lot of choices....I'd better get to looking around.
Thanks

Originally Posted by Dweeberman
Depends on waht you mean ...you should have a garage album which is where is you put in what vehicles you have with a few pitcures. Or you can create an album on your profile that you can upload pictures to as well. Now if you are wanting to show off a "build" then you would want to post a new thread in the build section showing off your vehicles and the progress of what you have done to them. Now if you are just showing pictures of your cars then go to the "Sights n Sounds" and post that route. If you have Flickr or a photbucket account it will be easier to post pictures that way as long as they are within the size limit (roughly around 640x480 or vice versa). hopefully this helps a little bit

Old 10-05-2011, 02:46 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Welcome =)

Old 10-05-2011, 03:07 PM

Thanks man.

Originally Posted by xgiovannix12
Welcome =)

Old 10-05-2011, 05:11 PM

Hey, I posted a group of pics of the cars/trucks that we've put together in the last 10 years. Naturally, not all are project cars, but I couldn't post without putting some of the wife's vehicles in as well. I posted in a folder under my profile name in the photo gallery. Take a look if you get a chance.

Originally Posted by Dweeberman

Old 10-05-2011, 11:16 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Welcome from New York.

Old 10-06-2011, 12:09 PM

Thanks man.

Originally Posted by DKSDAD
Welcome from New York.