New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New Member From Oregon 99 Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2009, 12:01 AM
scottsr1950 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up New Member From Oregon 99 Blazer

Hello Everyone,
I just bought my first blazer on thanksgiving day 09. It's a 99 LS but thinking it was ordered with the LT package. It has leather seats, heated seats, moon roof, radio controls on steering wheel ( don't recall seeing that on some of the LS blazers I test drove ). I will post some photos when I get a chance. I will have some questions, which is one of the many reasons I joined the Blazer Forum.
At this point the remote mirrors are not working, i'm figuring it's just a bad switch ( anyone had this problem please let me know ).
Also I test drove a few and the 6 speaker sound system was impressive with a stock am/fm cd radio, problem there is that I can't get any sound other than a faint sound from the dash speakers, for radio or cd. (anyone had this problem, please let me know ) For the price of the blazer I am willing to fix the problems... because I searched three states on CL and could not find a 99 SL with leather / heated seats and moon roof.
Well enough about being a proud owner of a used 99 blazer..
Again, i'm new to the forum and hope to find my way around... I would love to chat or talk one on one.. share photos etc. Having information other than hearing it from a dealer is GREAT! Before calling a dealer for service i'll make sure I have atleast four credit cards ;-)

Scottsr1950

Old 11-28-2009, 12:42 AM
foxxie is on a distinguished road

Welcome! from the wild west of New Zealand.
Congrats on your find, look foward to some pics.

Old 11-28-2009, 12:43 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Send one of those cards to me! My truck needs one desperately! LOL

Welcome from Auckland, New Zealand.

Old 11-28-2009, 01:47 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

you can get a loaded LS. and you can add the LT bells and/or whistles to an LS to dress her up. hell Sisk has an LS with a moonroof etc...

As for the mirror, pop the switch panel off, unhook it and clean the connectors. water gets in due to the crappy window angle. clean with alcohol and a pencil eraser. plug back in and should get some juice to the mirrors.

Welcome from another Oregonian BTW

Old 11-28-2009, 06:23 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Lol, Curtis is right...I have an LS model with everything you have except the leather/heated seats. I have the steering wheel controls and the sunroof. I also have the BOSE sound package. I think I have one of the most option friendly LS's on the forum (next to yours now!)

Oh, and Welcome to the forum from Canada!