New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New member from regina, sk, canada

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 10:22 PM
NinetyEightBlazer is on a distinguished road
Default New member from regina, sk, canada

Hey there!

A couple years ago I was lucky enough to snag a 1990 GMC Jimmy for 600 bucks. I bought it from a farmer who maintained it to a T, however she had her fair share of rust, but i didn't care. I did my best to improve her aesthetically. I play in a band so it was perfect for the road and also went on may camping trips with my girlfriend where, the Jimmy was the tent itself! A couple summers ago, the Jimmy was involved in a hit and run in front of my bands jam space and needless to say, looked like a train hit her. That was the end of that ..

Earlier this summer I once again lucked out big time (or so I thought at the time) with a jet black, rust free, fully loaded 98 Blazer! Once again, 600 bucks, couldn't believe it. However there was allot more wrong with it then I was led to believe but, whatever it was only 600 right? Went through a couple months of stress trying to fix everything and finally decided to put her up for sale... in its present running condition, I would have been surprised if I was able to get 200 bucks! An individual from out of town emailed me and simply offered me 2500 for her and arrived the next day, no questions asked, no test drive, paid in cash and left.. luck shined on me once again days late when a gentleman retired and decided to put up his second vehicle (2001 Blazer) up for sale as he only used it to travel for work. This man has never sold a vehicle before and believed it was right to have it inspected and up to date before sale, as well as providing paper work proving this. Needless to say I told him I wish everyone would do that when selling!

So I am now a very proud owner of a 2001 Chevy Blazer LT that runs perfect and looks brand new! I'm very excited to create new memories with it and not have to worry about getting stuck this winter!

Old 10-02-2012, 11:29 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Pffft **** off with that luck & buy a lottery ticket already, just include me in the winnings!!! lol Just kidding (about the **** off part)

WTG my provincial neighbor!
As for the not getting stuck - you haven't been 4 wheeling if you've never been stuck!
Living in Manisnowba I love 4wd in the winter. I honestly go out when the weather is crappy etc, just because A: I can & B: to possibly help other people. I get a thrill out of that lol.

Lots to read about our vehicles here & search 1st... 95% of the time the answer is there if you sit back, search & have a few bevies of choice at hand.

Welcome, you're not alone being from Saskabush, there are a couple active members here.

Old 10-03-2012, 12:38 AM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Welcome

Old 10-03-2012, 02:42 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Welcome from Utah. Be sure to put up some pics when you can.

Old 10-03-2012, 06:15 AM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

welcome from michigan

Old 10-03-2012, 07:19 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Welcome from VA!!

Old 10-03-2012, 09:23 AM
gojorg has a spectacular aura aboutgojorg has a spectacular aura about

Welcome from New Jersey

Old 10-13-2012, 10:32 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Welcome from New York.