New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New member from Roanoke, VA

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 08:58 PM
vanillathrilla is on a distinguished road
Default New member from Roanoke, VA

Hey all! I joined a few days ago to do a little research on a perspective purchase, and I ended up buying my 2000 two door Blazer this evening. It was already dark when he dropped it off at my house, and it's filthy, but it's all mine now.

There are a few quirks with it, such as a small dent in the passenger door and rear quarter, but it has a clean title and is otherwise pretty much good to go aside from the previous owner breaking the hood latch release. Is that easy to fix? Apparently the little ball on the end of the cable broke off. The cable is still accessible, but you release by pulling the cable and not by pulling the lever like usual. I want to fix that ASAP. It's also missing the front piece from the front passenger side flare. Easy to replace? Can you tell if these are ZR2 flares?

I don't know a lot about it, unfortunately. It is lifted, but I haven't been able to get underneath it to see if it's lifted with t-bar and shackle as I read on the forum. I don't see anything going on with the shackles, so what else could it be? Body lift? It's on 31's with Pacer wheels but I don't know much about the truck other than that, really.

The previous owner says he thinks it mght actually be a ZR2, but I'm pretty sure it's not. It's not, is it? It's a two door, automatic, power everything, perfect cloth interior that's never been smoked in.. everything seems to work fine--and as you can see, I gave the 4wd a shot flexing on a big mound of snow in my front yard. It's bigger than it looks.

One other thing (which I will follow up with by searching), is it possible (and easy) to disable the automatic headlights? I'm not sure if it just does it when it's dark or if they're actually daytime running lights too, but I want to be able to control whether or not my headlights are on.

Old 02-16-2010, 09:04 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Yes you can disable the autoheadlights...
The flares look like a zr2 to me...
The cable is a common breaking point...

Welcome to the forum... and the money pit of FUN...

Old 02-16-2010, 09:17 PM
vanillathrilla is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by wlorton
Yes you can disable the autoheadlights...
The flares look like a zr2 to me...
The cable is a common breaking point...

Welcome to the forum... and the money pit of FUN...
Thanks!

I've already searched and figured out how to disable the DRL's, but I'm a little confused as to the difference between the automatic function and the daytime function. The tutorial mentioned bending the tab on the relay if you want to disable the DRL's while still retaining the automatic function.

I'll take pictures tomorrow if I can get some daylight so we can try to figure out if this is a ZR2 or not. The title doesn't specify, but I don't know that it makes a difference. Would the VIN give it away? I can't believe I don't know what it is, nor did the previous owner! Hahaha! It says LT on the pillar.

Is the cable easy to fix?

As for being a money pit, I just hope it's reliable. My motorcycles are the real money pits.

Old 02-16-2010, 11:05 PM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Welcome from New Zealand.

Old 02-16-2010, 11:13 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Oh, this will become you other money pit. But even with the loads of cash these suckers like to rob you, you can't resist it's charm! lol
Welcome to the forum!
Also, I believe the RPO code for the ZR2 is... ZR2! So look in the glove box at the Parts identification sheet, and it should tell you.

Another thing, if you run your VIN through Carfax, it will tell you the model for free.

Old 02-16-2010, 11:18 PM
BlazerGuy2001 is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the forums from Michigan! nice ride you got there, i would say a zr2 but i can't be positive, looks to me like its not a Body lift judging by the amount of frame exposed so i would guess shackle lift because its probably not a BDS 5" or SL6". You wont be able to tell a difference in the shackles just by glancing you will probably have to measure them bolt to bolt and compare with someone that knows the normal size.

BTW, those front pieces are extremely hard to find from what i've heard, but best of luck =D enjoy the forums

Old 02-17-2010, 02:45 AM
leeclark is an unknown quantity at this point

welcome from TN! looks like a ZR2 to me lol. ZR2 comes with 31" tires from the factory. but from what i've seen the zr2 doesnt have the LT badge. yours seems to be a little bit taller than mine and i have 31s on there so who knows. anyways welcome to the site. The automatic lights function is your lights will come on after about a minute of darkness and they will go off when it starts to get light as well. so you dont have to worry bout turning them on or off.

Last edited by leeclark; 02-17-2010 at 02:58 AM.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:32 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Welcome to the forum from Canada!

Old 02-17-2010, 09:23 AM
Unlimitedsp is on a distinguished road

WElcome from Pennsylvania

Old 02-17-2010, 10:17 AM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

x2 welcome from PA. and yea it looks like a zr2. looks like stock stance from the picture

Quick Reply: New member from Roanoke, VA