New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New old kid on the block!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 09:30 PM
old283 is on a distinguished road
Default New old kid on the block!

Hi from Pensacola, Florida. Figured I might as well join since I keep checking in on this site for info. I'm just an old school chevy guy learnin bout this new fangled computer operated world. Pretty slick stuff for the most part but I still yearn for the days when a set of points and plugs would cure about 80 percent of your car problems! Love the S10 trucks and Blazers, currently own three, a 95 regular cab that I put a 350 in, a 95 blazer with 4.3, and a 97 GMC Jimmy with 4.3 that has 240,000 miles on it and having only very minor problems with it since I bought it with 14,000 miles on it. The truck with the 350 has no issues, but the 95 Blazer with the CPI 4.3 is a whole nuther story and the main reason I keep coming to this site. It sat for five years before I got it for working on another truck for a guy who says it was running rough when he parked it. So, after working on it for a week just to get it to run, I have replaced the fuel pump, fuel filter, spider injector, spark plugs and wires, cap and rotor button, radiator and one freeze plug. All sensors check out good but after three or four minutes of running it starts loading up, surging and goes dead when I pull into the driveway. I suspect the EGR, since it only does this after it's warmed up. Any ideas out there? I've figured out that some of you guys are pretty sharp on this site, so somebody will be able to see something I've missed. Thanks in advance!

Old 06-13-2012, 10:20 PM
gojorg has a spectacular aura aboutgojorg has a spectacular aura about

Welcome from New Jersey

Old 06-14-2012, 03:35 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Welcome from Utah.

If you post your question in the proper section of the site (2nd gen tech would work) you will get more help than here.

Old 06-14-2012, 07:55 AM
old283 is on a distinguished road

Thanks Thogert! Just feeling my way around, I'll get the hang of it soon. Don't be timid about nudging me towards the right path, I'm an old dawg, remember? lol

Old 06-15-2012, 08:56 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Welcome to the forum and don't worry you will find this forum is far different from all the rest in that there is no flaming of other members and such we have great mods and admins that control and handle these folks quickly and efficiently. And the best part is that everyone is willing to help if they have an answer or even a suggestion. Best thing to do on here is search, search, search chances are many of your questions are already answered if not throw it out and we will be glad to help.