New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New Owner & Member, Indiana

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 03:06 AM
Landseer is on a distinguished road
Default New Owner & Member, Indiana

Hi everybody,

I'm Chris and I just trailered home a full sized Blazer that my son found for me near Philadelphia.
We bought it on October, but every time I started the retrieval trip it snowed, so we waited.

It runs pretty well, and seems to shift perfectly, but needs sure needs some cleanup and refreshing.
Am hoping y'all can give me advice on parts and methods.

Truck is 1994. 2 door. Blazer sport. Black with silver cloth interior. 5.7 / automatic. One owner, 236K miles. From PA, seems to have only minor corrosion. Interior is a little worn, headliner is ripped. New big 285 cooper tires on stock wheels, probably worth 2/3 what I paid for it all. First missions are cleaning out crayons and junk, mounting a replacement pass seat that looks good but has different front mount holes, replacing the steering linkage wear parts and fixing or replacing a leaky radiator. Paid $800 for the truck. Cost a lot of gas and toll to drag it 600 miles home though.

I'll figure out how to post pictures this week hopefully.

(I had a 92 silverado 5spd short bed I bought new, back in the, day,that went over 300 for me and I'm told its still on the road, so no fear on miles !!!)

I can't believe how good it feels to have this body style and this early 90's stuff in my driveway again. I could not afford the Blazer back when it was new, finally got one!

Sure hope you guys and gals don't mind giving opinions and guidance.

Glad to be here. Love this blazer so far. Objective is to replace wear-parts and drive it as-is.

Chris

Last edited by Landseer; 03-31-2014 at 03:19 AM.
Old 03-31-2014, 06:24 AM
Starting Member
hoebob69 is on a distinguished road

Welcome. You have to love the blazer. I believe from what I've seen that this is the place to be for advice and even ideas. Hope everything works out for you man