New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New from Pittsburgh

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 03:44 PM
Gloryhound is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New from Pittsburgh

Just signed up and figured I would say Hi here! I just got my wife a new car and traded in my F-150 for it. Now I get her 98 Chevy Blazer with 75,000 miles on it. It needs some work, but is good enough now for my daily driver. I have to get a new seloniod for the 4 wheel drive transfer system, but that can wait. First thing is first and that is to get this thing a more comfortable ride. You feel every bump and dip right now. I put new shocks on it less than a year ago, so now I am thinking of working with front and rear sway bars to see if that will help and possibly changing front springs.

Old 04-17-2008, 03:48 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: New from Pittsburgh

[sm=welcomesign.gif]to the Forum. The Blazers are sprung pretty stiffly, so if you put on new shocks recently (unless you put on super hard off-road ones) I doubt that will make much difference. Also, if it's a 4WD, you don't have front springs, you have torsion bars.

Old 04-17-2008, 10:45 PM
972DRBLAZER is an unknown quantity at this point

welcome

Old 04-17-2008, 11:47 PM
blazin97 is on a distinguished road

Welcome

Old 04-17-2008, 11:47 PM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Welcome from New Zealand.

Old 04-18-2008, 05:37 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

[sm=welcomesign.gif]

Old 04-18-2008, 05:40 AM
Gloryhound is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the welcome all!

ORIGINAL: rriddle3

[sm=welcomesign.gif]to the Forum. The Blazers are sprung pretty stiffly, so if you put on new shocks recently (unless you put on super hard off-road ones) I doubt that will make much difference. Also, if it's a 4WD, you don't have front springs, you have torsion bars.
Some way has to exist to smooth out the ride, reduce body roll, and make it stick to the road a little better? I'll have to start searching the suspension section and see what other people have done!

Old 04-18-2008, 09:11 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, when you replaced the front shocks, what type did you install? Also, do you know if the truck is still at stock height or did the previous owner give it a suspension lift? These factors can make a difference in the ride quality.

Old 04-18-2008, 06:26 PM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the forum, glad to have you!!

Old 04-18-2008, 07:34 PM
BF Veteran
user 1016 has a spectacular aura aboutuser 1016 has a spectacular aura about

Welcome!!

Quick Reply: New from Pittsburgh