New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

newbie begining buld

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 12:10 AM
civic12sechatch is on a distinguished road
Default newbie begining buld

hey im new to the forum. i ju8t got a 2wd 87 blazer with the 2.8 auo trans decnt body on it actualy decent paint. i got a hell of a deal on the thing. i paind only 350 bucks for the truck. and i actualy runs great and everything works even the ac lol!

so about the future build. first mod will be a 5/6 drop. leafs blocks and drop shocks in the rear and springs and spindles in the front.

next will be replacing the old beat up bumpers. suprisingly no rust (23 yrs old and no rust im amazed) but there both dented. im going with a roll pan in the rear. and maybe the stock chrome one in the front or maybe sumthing custom not sure yet.

next will be paint and body. although the truck is very lean for the year it does have i little spot of surface rust. while doing the body work im also planning to shave the door handles and the badgesoff of it.

the truck is currently white and i think it looks good and will probably paint it the same color or maybe a lil more pearl in it than the factory to make it stand out. the door jambs will most likley remain the same color.

interior for now will remain the same. excpet for the cd player as its just a whle in the dash now. i have dug up my old alpine unit with ipod dock in the front and will prob use this atleast in the meantime. evetualy the inside will be completley sustom with a sub box taking up the cargo area and most the rear seat area!

engin and trans. hah both are in good shape and it runs and drives very well for its age and mileage(170k) but once the body work is complete i will replace the motor with a sbc 350 most likley. prefer ls1 if i can find one cheap! and probably a 700r4 trans for decent highway mpg and top speed! the motor will be built but trans most likley stop out of a buddys uncles junk yard.

sometime next week i will get some pics up here of how it looks now in its stock form. and within 2 weeks after that with the 5/6 drop on it! please any advice or suggestions respond or pm me thanks in advance !!!!!!!!

Old 01-29-2010, 12:21 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the Forum. Be sure to post any technical questions in the appropriate section and we'll try to help.

Old 01-29-2010, 07:30 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Welcome to the forum from Canada!

Old 01-29-2010, 09:29 AM
papacope is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome from central Illinois.

Old 01-29-2010, 09:37 AM
Unlimitedsp is on a distinguished road

Welcome from Pennsylvania

Old 01-29-2010, 11:56 AM
dimone545 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool

sounds like you have alot of plans for your truck... Keep us updated.

Old 01-29-2010, 12:10 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

Nice goal you've got going there. Should be a fun build to watch.

Welcome to the forum.

Old 01-29-2010, 01:01 PM
Starting Member
chiefum is on a distinguished road

Welcome.............can't wait to see the pics.

Old 01-30-2010, 12:57 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Welcome from New Zealand.

Old 01-30-2010, 02:18 PM
foxxie is on a distinguished road

Welcome! from another Kiwi in NZ.

Quick Reply: newbie begining buld