New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

newbie from winnipeg (canada)

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 10:47 PM
streblo will become famous soon enoughstreblo will become famous soon enough
Default newbie from winnipeg (canada)

so i stumbled upon this site while searching up some advice on some problems that i have been recently experiencing. a year ago i finally decided to let go of my 88 gm s15 which was a little difficult as i completly fixed it up from being close to death. and even got it up the point where it was able to pass a government safety test which is mandatory in canada when you switch provinces. when i first bought it it had cancer all over, holes in the doors. no working lights, no working locks, a cracked windshield, and a host more of items that could be listed, it was my first vehicle so i decided the price of 800 was worth it seeing as the motor ran. (which to the day i sold it ran through everything, even without the distributor cap screwed on). before i had my license i decided i was going to fix it up and get it ready to roll. unfortunatly i was then forced to move and leave the truck behind as it did not run and needed a new clutch, which i did not have the money or time to fix before the move. 6 months after the move my grandfather took the truck to a local high school and paid for the parts so that it would be put into a running state. i then drove it about 600 km , after getting back to my home town and having to replace the clutch master cylinder which was never fixed in the first place. then i began the journey. driving the litle 2.5 litre engine down the highway, through a thunderstorm the first 2 hours, with no working winshield wipers, staring out a small corner of the windshield that happened to have had oil spilt on it and repelled the water. in the mean time battleing the 110 kmh cross winds. with the pedal to the floor it managed to keep maxed out at 90kmh. proud to make it through as campers were blown over and some poles knocked over. never the less the truck managed to make it. and repeated the trip 3 times the next year without aworking starter, push starting it everywhere(which in the praries is no fun because there is no hills to be found).
then in grade 11 i managed to get a job where i made decent money, and through the help of my auto shop teacher i was able to get the full use of a hoist for the entire semester and not only restore the truck to a decent state but also earn academic achievment in that class, which was also repeated the next year along with a memorial award. the lessons that i have learnt from working on a pos truck and restoring it are lessons that i will carry for the rest of my life. winter came along and due to the massive amounts of salt on the roads spots of rust began to show through the new paint, i was unable to afford a winter beater at the time, and the 2wd was only good for drifting. i could not sit by and watch it rust so i found a new owner who lived in the country where the salt is less an issue. another young kid who was purchasing his first truck, who i know will continue to learn the lessons that that truck teaches. i believe the selling point for him was the custome exhaust and more importantly the 2600 watt stereo put into a standard cab s15. with that sold i was then on the hunt for a new vehicle, i loved the bases of the s15 so much , i only wanted 2 more things, more interior room. and 4wd. the best match to that was either a jimmy or blazer. which i happened to pick blazer because for some reason chevrolet is more appealing to me than gm for some unknown reason. (i would have kept the s15 if i had also room to store it, purchased for 800 in the beginning and sold for 2600). i did not care what kinda of blazer i found, be it 4 door 2 door or zr2. i had my heart set on a blazer. after looking around at the junk that used car dealerships had to offer one of the service techs at pontiac where my parents purchased their mini van cross over , what they call an suv. well anyways he informed me of a person who had a zr2 for sale. black, had undercoating side step bars and had the fender flares painted. 110 thousand km for a price of 9500 is was a better deal than

Old 11-05-2007, 12:30 AM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: newbie from winnipeg (canada)

Welcome to the forum.
I didn't read your entire post right now, I have a short attention span...
Always glad to see another canuck on the site.

Old 11-05-2007, 12:35 AM
cliro is an unknown quantity at this point

welcome fellow canadian. I also did not read that novel.

Old 11-05-2007, 12:55 AM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

I read the novel, and might i say what a journey you have had with your first truck.[sm=jawdrop.gif]. Welcome to the forum any questions just ask. [sm=welcomesign.gif]

Old 11-05-2007, 05:47 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

Welcome.... Way too much info to read. lol

Old 11-06-2007, 01:42 AM
BF Veteran
user 1016 has a spectacular aura aboutuser 1016 has a spectacular aura about

welcome!!! glad to have ya!